Win XP help please (boot probs)If you get 5 mins take a look...thanks in advance

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Niall, Nov 25, 2004.

  1. Niall

    Niall Guest

    Hi Folks,

    Whilst watching a DIVX the other day (fawlty towers!!) The movie and my
    system froze. I had to do a cold start reset.

    This seems to have corrupted the boot sequence, as with 3 hard drives this
    has complicated matters further (for me).

    I have been tampering with the Recovery COnsole, especially around the
    Bootcfg options, but if I take my had off the keyboard for more than 2 secs,
    the system freezes and reboots, or I get a blue screen of death.

    The message from the blue screen of death is... are you ready!!!??

    *** STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC000000005,0XF76F74FC,0XF7012C4C,0XF7D1294C)

    *** USBPORT.SYS-ADDRESS F76F74FE BASE AT F76EC000 DATESTAMP 3D6DDC31

    any advice you helpful folks out there can share with me would be gratefully
    appreciated.

    Many thanks,
    Niall

    Niall, Nov 25, 2004

  2. Niall

    Niall Guest

    Still messing around and the latest addition to the B S OD is
    "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" This appears after launching recovery
    console.I am attempting to rebuild the boot.ini .

    Thanks again

    Niall, Nov 25, 2004

  3. Niall

    Parko Guest