    (preferably in folder view details format) and put it to a .doc file?

    Seems simple enough, doesn't it?

    TC

    news.dallas.sbcglobal.net, Feb 18, 2004

  2. news.dallas.sbcglobal.net

    DC Guest

    Alt-PrtScr and Paste it in.

    DC, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Thanks, but no thanks.
    I am trying to get a modifyable text format (with some graphic quality).
    Plus, doing the Alt PrtScr gets tedius if I'm trying to do multiple
    directories with a large amount of files.

    Thanks anyway.
    TC

    news.dallas.sbcglobal.net, Feb 18, 2004
  4. news.dallas.sbcglobal.net

    DC Guest

    Why didn't you say so?
    You didn't mention that, either.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    No problem.

    DC, Feb 18, 2004
  5. news.dallas.sbcglobal.net

    Unk Guest

    Unk, Feb 18, 2004
  6. news.dallas.sbcglobal.net

    Patrick Guest

    Copy of a reply by °Mike° to a similar question in this group
    Subject : "How do I print out a folder's file listings..."
    Poster of question : "Oldus Fartus"
    Date 16/2/2004

    Quote;

    Use the 'tree' command, redirect it to a text file,
    and view/print it in the Terminal font (or use the
    ascii (/A) switch).

    Bare listing:
    tree >tree.txt

    Include all file names:
    tree /f >treeF.txt

    Use ascii instead of extended characters:
    tree /a >treeA.txt

    Endquote

    Patrick, Feb 18, 2004
  7. Actually I did, but I guess you don't understand DOS code. The list.txt
    file would actually be editable text.

    Actually I did, but I guess you don't understand DOS code. The /S indicates
    all directories below the root. On any computer I have ever had, that would
    be quite a number of directories and file names to list. In fact, on my
    current system, that equated to 150,000 lines of text information. Using the
    Alt PrtScr would take enourmous amounts of time.
    Thank you, the smart questions html did help me realize that my subject
    matter was appropriate, in fact exactly precise and my description was
    simply informative. May I suggest that you check out this link?
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#id2991277

    Still no problem and thank you again. Now maybe someone else can offer some
    suggestions.

    TC

    news.dallas.sbcglobal.net, Feb 18, 2004
  8. news.dallas.sbcglobal.net

    Dan Shea Guest

    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 18, 2004
  9. news.dallas.sbcglobal.net

    Dan Shea Guest

    Dan Shea, Feb 18, 2004
  10. news.dallas.sbcglobal.net

    DC Guest

    news.dallas.sbcglobal.net wrote:
    [...]
    [...]

    Oh...shoot. }%OS

    I'm sorry -- I completely missed/ignored the subject of your post. I'll
    try to save face, now, and admit I was being a bonehead. Please accept
    my apology.

    DC, Feb 18, 2004
  11. Hey, look, it was late last night and between being over tired and
    frustrated with this simple issue...ah well...you get the idea. No hard
    feelings, no harm done. Actually, I was kind of having fun with you anyway.

    Thanks.
    TC

    news.dallas.sbcglobal.net, Feb 19, 2004
  12.