    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Screw You :p I don't even have it :(

    XhArD, Aug 31, 2005

  2. m1k30rz

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    What, it was an honest suggestion :) You should get it, it rocks :p

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 31, 2005

  3. m1k30rz

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    "yeah i nw, but i don have themonyatm. e tok"
    wtf. damn crappy Firefox and its dodgy typing! For some reason, Firefox has started rearranging whatever i type.... that was supposed to say
    "Yeah I know, but i dont have the money atm."

    XhArD, Aug 31, 2005
  4. m1k30rz

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I was gonna say, speak english dude :p

    RObErT_RaTh, Aug 31, 2005
  5. m1k30rz

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    firfox plays up some times, usally when u have had your computer on for too long :|
    even an 80gb sata isnot enough for a simple gaming machine :|, but thats cause 40gb of it is images :p (images by i mean images of CD's/DVD's)
    oh yer ross, HL2 is only bout 40 bucks now! and thats not on special :|might be 50 bucks some place, but Gamedude (also know as the most annoying shop in existance) has it for 45 i think.

    unholy, Sep 1, 2005
  6. m1k30rz

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I know how cheap it is, but i still can't afford it atm. I need another $50-$75 for my new phone, then i gotta get some money saved for when I go to NZ in November. I reckon I might go and buy it soon anyway though.... And btw, i found something out about Firefox being queer. It only roots itself when i was playing RUNESCAPE!!! :p I only play if I get bored enough, and that wouldn't be a problem ponce I get HL2 :)
    And Nathan, i was thinking of mebe getting 2 80GB Seagate HDDs and having RAID-0. Either that or one 80GB and one 120GB.

    XhArD, Sep 1, 2005
  7. m1k30rz

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    More space = better. Until there is a major advantage for me to have RAID I'll just stick with more space :)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 1, 2005
  8. m1k30rz

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    You ant going to use raid man, its like for databse access, server shit... i still dont know why they put dual controllers in normal pc's :|
    i would probably Raid Strip, not mirror.
    So just go for the 120 :D

    unholy, Sep 1, 2005
  9. m1k30rz

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    We'll see how much i need that extra 40 gig. And btw, i wont befilling it with cd images, unlike you, i dont need them. have u never heard of a No-Cd patch before? Takes up a lot less room ;)

    XhArD, Sep 1, 2005
  10. m1k30rz

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    And what happens if you need to re-install the game ;) I don't use images for playing, just storing. Safer than CDs lying all over my floor getting scratches and what not.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 1, 2005
  11. m1k30rz

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    You can actually SEE your floor?? :eek: Easy, get a bigass cd folder. problem fixed. im just using cds for reinstalls atm, as soon as i get some dvdrs then ill be using them *thumbs up*
    Btw, im gonna see if I can get this forum some new members, I'll advertise this comp at www.whirlpool.net.au aight? It's australia's largest forum, i think. So if you get like, 40 new members soon, remember me, and give me a HDD :p

    XhArD, Sep 1, 2005
  12. m1k30rz

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    AHhahahahah gonna be so funny if one of the people your recruit wins the prize and not you ;)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 1, 2005
  13. m1k30rz

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    No it won't... :( But yeah, heres the thread i started there:
    "Anyone need a new 200 gig hard drive? www.velocityreviews.com has got this competition running, where you could score yourself a 200GB HDD free! Heres how it goes: Any members of the velocity reviews forum who have posted at least 10 posts are elligible. For every 10 posts that they make over the period of the competition, they get one entry in the competition. So, for example, if you make 50 posts over the duration, you get 5 entries. The competition has begun already, and will run until the forum has 100 members. So, if you join now, and they don't get 100 members soon, you could have a few weeks to raise your post count and get in the comp with a lot of entries. The forum currently has 61 registered members, so we need another 39 for the competition to come to a close.
    Rules:
    NO SPAMMING. Any person who spams will be removed from the competition, and possible any future competitions.
    Thats about the only rule, apart from the general forum rules. Oh, apart from Mods/Admins not being elligible... But that shouldnt affect any of you. The winner will provide their postal address, and the hard drive will be posted to you. Anyone from anywhere in the world can enter, Velocity Reviews will pay postage/shipping.
    I don't know about you guys, but I sure as hell know I need a new HDD! So go to www.velocityreviews.com and give us a hand in this comp."
    It's a biggish read, and I'm sure you already know about the comp, but yeah, that's what I HOPE will bring us some more members.
    Oh... Wait a minute... I dunno if you're allowed to advertise other forums there... oh well, its not advertising a forum, its advertising a competition ;)

    XhArD, Sep 1, 2005
  14. m1k30rz

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Well thats just great innit. My thread was deleted by a mod, because it was "spam". Whats wrong with advertising a competition? im sure a lot of the ppl on there would like a free HDD

    XhArD, Sep 1, 2005
  15. m1k30rz

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    You have to 'ask' for permission for things like that mate. It's like saying, hey come to our forum it's better than this one. Atleast that's the way they see it.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 1, 2005
  16. m1k30rz

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    you should notivce that i WAS careful to advertise the HDD, not the forum.

    XhArD, Sep 1, 2005
  17. m1k30rz

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hes got a valid point, but theirs just some stuck you mods that take any advertisment as spam... pretty silly considering they advertise for money... we advertise for -$ to the people who join....

    unholy, Sep 1, 2005
  18. m1k30rz

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yer well i sorta gota put them somewhere, i have filled a 120gb with images movies, and good stuff... and the 40gb is sys stuff (all thats on my Workstation) my gaming machine gets all the game images and stuff... saves adding the weigh of a CD/DVD drive to the mix, and costs 100 bucks less :D

    unholy, Sep 1, 2005
  19. m1k30rz

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    but in your case, also means you cant burn anything. at all. ever. at least until you get a drive for your pc, until you get one in there, u cant do bugger all.

    XhArD, Sep 1, 2005
  20. m1k30rz

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i have a burner... in my other computer... not a dvd one though :|, i am going to get a DVD burner for christmas :|

    unholy, Sep 1, 2005