    Is there any way I am able to see what else is running please?
    Thanks
    Dave

    Dave Smith, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Dave Smith

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information
    -> Software Environment -> Running Tasks. Or just restart in Safe Mode
    and run it from there.

    -= Hawk =-, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Dave Smith

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Dave Smith

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Dave Smith said:
    Have you got a cable modem installed?
    As has been suggested, try again in safe mode.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 23, 2003
  5. Dave Smith

    Curlytail Guest

    Yes I do have a cable modem (broadband) -
    I'll try in safemode.
    Thanks for all your advice everyone.
    Dave

    Curlytail, Oct 23, 2003
  6. Dave Smith

    Buffalo Guest

    Besides all the other great advice, you can run scandisk in DOS mode. At the
    C:\ prompt, just type scandisk and press Enter.
    If you want to scandisk other drives, just change to that drive letter and
    then type scandisk and press Enter.
    Spyware and the modem are the more likely suspects interfering with the
    program. (or possibly your screensaver)

    Buffalo, Oct 23, 2003
  7. Dave Smith

    sonsdad Guest

    Hi
    I think you can run Scandisk from the C prompt in DOS. Perhaps someone else
    will confirm this. I remember doing it when I had a problem....

    Cheers

    sonsdad, Oct 23, 2003
  8. Dave Smith

    Shep© Guest

    Ctrl Alt Delete does not show all running programs.Try here,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/house.html
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,