    This is mysterious. How can I get to that folder?
    Thanks in advance,
    Jo

    Boppy, Jan 21, 2010

  2. In message <6de583ee-3b5b-4725-
    This may be another job for that piece of voodoo black magic known as
    TweakUI. A few days earlier in this noisegroup, somebody used it to save a
    setting that was supposedly already enabled, and yet somehow it wasn’t.

    Maybe it can work the same trick for you.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 21, 2010

  3. Boppy

    peterwn Guest

    Boot up the computer with systemrescuecd, mount the C drive with
    ntfs-3g and the hidden area will be visible.

    peterwn, Jan 21, 2010
  4. Personally I would get into there from the command line, start run cmd
    (elevate permissions if you are running Vista or Windows 7)

    or try going into Internet Options
    Delete Browsing History
    make sure delete Temporary Internet file checkbox is checked

    Cheers
    Nathan

    Nathan Mercer, Jan 21, 2010
  5. In message <8e0babae-0f2f-47a5-
    You mean the command line will show you stuff the GUI won’t?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 21, 2010
  6. Boppy

    Sweetpea Guest

    What you're saying is that there is no way to view the contents of that directory without needing to use
    the command line!

    Very interesting, given that Microsoft Windows is *supposed* to be primarily a _Graphical_ _User_
    _Interface_!

    Sweetpea, Jan 21, 2010
  7. Boppy

    Enkidu Guest

    This but for some reason the OP couldn't use the normal GUI to view
    them. Also everything Nathan mentions could be done via the GUI. It just
    that Nathan is not afraid of the command line and using the best tool
    for the job.
    Windows is primarily a platform for running applications. Which is
    usually managed via a GUI.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jan 21, 2010
  8. Boppy

    Boppy Guest

    It turns out that the hidden directory is actually under application
    data, which is locked to me.

    Boppy, Jan 22, 2010
  9. Boppy

    Sweetpea Guest

    Microsoft Windows is primarily a graphical user interface, period.

    Sweetpea, Jan 23, 2010
  10. Boppy

    Enkidu Guest

    So what does this graphical user interface run on? Thin air? Nincompoop!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jan 23, 2010
  11. Boppy

    Sweetpea Guest

    It runs on top of a kernel - the OS.

    Microsoft sycophant! Moron! Creep! Ganting Dick!

    Sweetpea, Jan 23, 2010