    opticals connected. They don't show in device manager or upon bootup.

    Thanks,
    Jim

    Jim McCants, Mar 3, 2010

  2. Jim McCants

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Jim.

    There are THREE ways to Reply in a newsgroup; TWO of them are wrong ways.
    :>(

    1. Reply to the Group - this is almost always the right way; it posts
    your message here in the newsgroup.

    2. Reply - this is what you seem to be trying, as indicated by the
    rejection you received from Charlie's email address; it sends an email to
    the previous poster - and it is almost always the WRONG way.

    3. Reply to All - this does both 1 and 2 - and is almost always the wrong
    way.

    I changed the default on my WLM Toolbar so long ago that I've forgotten, but
    I think the default is simply "Reply" - #2 above - the wrong option.
    Please customize your Toolbar to Remove the "Reply" button and replace it
    with "Reply group". This will keep the conversation in the newsgroup.
    Netiquette frowns on email responses to newsgroup posts unless email is
    specifically invited or the subject veers from the topic of the thread. In
    email, only two parties can participate and benefit; in a newsgroup, many
    can share advice and experiences. In email, if Charlie is busy or doesn't
    know the answer or just doesn't want to reply, you're just stuck; in the
    newsgroup, there's almost always someone else who can help. (And many
    posters use fictitious names/addresses to avoid unwanted email - and spam -
    as Charlie obviously has done.)

    This is for the Toolbar in News, of course; the Toolbar is different for the
    other functions: Mail, Compose, Feeds, etc.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Mar 3, 2010

  3. Jim McCants

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Jim:
    Correct me if my understanding of the problem is wrong. Originally there
    were 2 IDE DVDRW installed and recognized, then they weren't recognized
    anymore. Reinstalling the driver didn't help. Installing 2 new SATA DVDRW
    drives didn't help. The new SATA DVDRW drives aren't recognized in the bios
    or device manager. The Win7 DVD would boot in the IDE DVDRW drive. If the
    Win7 DVD will boot in the SATA DVDRW drive the cause is a recently installed
    program or virus. If it doesn't boot it's a power feed to the drives or SATA
    cable.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4910 (20100302) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Dennis Pack, Mar 3, 2010
  4. Stop trying to cc: me, and just reply group. My address will bounce. That's
    what it's supposed to do.

    If they aren't seen in the BIOS, they won't be seen in Windows. Full stop.
    Therefore, you need to investigate with your mobo mfg and/or Liton to find
    out what the problem could be. Because it isn't Windows.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 3, 2010
  5. Jim McCants

    Kue2 Guest

    Jim
    try connecting only one Sata, make sure power is connected securely & the
    red sata cable is also connected properly.
    Sounds like a power problem, no juice going to the sata drives.

    Kue2, Mar 3, 2010
  6. Jim McCants

    James Kosin Guest

    Jim,

    Another way to test the power, press the drive button to open the tray.
    If the tray opens, then the unit is getting power. The opening and
    closing of the tray doesn't need the SATA interfaces permission; so, it
    shouldn't stop you opening and closing. If nothing happens it is
    probably not seated correctly.

    James

    James Kosin, Mar 3, 2010
  7. Jim McCants

    Vjekoslav Guest

    It can't be anything else but conection. Check your cabels and recheck them.
    You must be sure that you plug the cabels correctly/d, try the power, press
    open button.If works, then check another cable. Or, change the cable. Switch
    it with another one. Try anything that comes on your mind. It's hard to tell
    what is the problem just on the basis of what you said.

    Vjekoslav, Mar 3, 2010