  1. Guest

    Colin Nowell Guest

    No problem. Thanks for the link.

    Colin Nowell, Aug 14, 2005

  2. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Which BIOS version?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone Columnist
    http://www.mcemvp.us/bbowman/

    Barb Bowman, Aug 14, 2005

  3. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    From SystemInfo

    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE ACPI BIOS
    Revision 1013-002, 7/26/2005

    John Barnes, Aug 14, 2005
  4. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Just refreshing info.
    Cannot install either system. Goes thru text mode great with and without
    drivers (I'm not using RAID, but tried both the RAID and Controller drivers,
    separately and together as suggested) always comes back from boot as some
    kind of error. Basically missing OS or drive. Tried repairing partition and
    MBR. No change. This is whether it is the only drive hooked up or is 1 of
    several drives.
    Copying the x86 and x64 systems to the drive with Ghost USED to boot the x86
    system, NOT the x64 system. Now, after the last BIOS update, neither will
    boot.
    With any of the 3 SATA I drives, ABSOLUTELY no problems installing or
    booting either x86 or x64.

    John Barnes, Aug 14, 2005
  5. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Lastly, the Ghost copy includes the latest versions of the motherboard
    drivers from Nvidia and those drivers, and not the BIOS may be what caused
    the x86 system to cease booting from SATA II

    John Barnes, Aug 14, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    colin m/b auto detects dual channel at 128 bit or single channel 64 bit
    depending on what slots you use. anyway tried single channel and one chip
    with now joy dam thing still re-boots at same point . i am now thinking that
    its the dam gfx card ati x300 se . might need t replace it . i will check ram
    with mem86 though just to be sure

    Guest, Aug 14, 2005
  7. amazing how much more one can enjoy surfing when you have a good program to
    handle that kind of crap. Personally, I use filtergate, but the intent is the
    same.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 14, 2005
  8. Guest

    Colin Nowell Guest

    Sounds like a good way to proceed and to be honest, like you, I would be
    suspecting the video card at this point...

    Let us know how it goes...

    Colin

    Colin Nowell, Aug 14, 2005
  9. Guest

    Colin Nowell Guest

    Oh indeed. Actually, when I first clicked on it, I had IE's pop-up blocker
    on so it stopped it in the usual way but sometimes (depending on the main
    thrust of the site) I will do a "temporarily allow etc etc" to see if it's
    really bad and then that site gets chalked up as a "never visit again" type
    site...

    I normally use Firefox and have it installed on this x64 machine but don't
    yet have it as the default since I was just giving IE another go...
    should've not bothered... ;-)

    Colin

    Colin Nowell, Aug 14, 2005
  10. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    1013.002 is beta. they released 1013 the other day. also read the
    notesw about corrupted file system if you are using a back level
    chipset driver.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 14, 2005
  11. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I was using Ad Shield on 32 bit (paid for shareware). The author is
    refusing to update his ancient installer so that it will install on 64
    bit windows. Work arounds don't work. Tried Ad Subtract, but while
    that runs on x64, it doesn't run on Vista 64. I'm now trying Ad
    Muncher...

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Aug 14, 2005
  12. Filtergate, Barb. Runs fine on x64. Haven't actually tried it against Vista
    yet, though.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 14, 2005
  13. Guest

    Guest Guest

    i will do colin "let you know how it goes i mean " as it is newto me this one.
    cheers for all your help
    on a side line i have even tried windows 2003 server and that works a treat
    to, so i cant be far away from the solution now as 64 bit architecture around
    the same as 2003 so am led to believe

    Guest, Aug 14, 2005
  14. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks, I will install tonight. I have the latest chipset drivers already
    installed. I also see a new install? program ASUS Update V6.07.01
    Install Program for Windows 2000/XP/2003 and for Windows 64bit XP/2003
    I will see what that does. I hope there is a readme or something to say
    when and how to use it.

    John Barnes, Aug 15, 2005
  15. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Just the BIOS install program. I prefer to use the DOS BIOS update program.

    John Barnes, Aug 15, 2005
  16. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Just to advise you that AdMuncher only works on the IE32, not the IE64.
    Installs fine on x64. Author is in process of rewriting. Very fast
    response to questions. Have had no problems. Hope you are using the trial
    so you can see if you like it first. I know Christian uses it also.

    John Barnes, Aug 15, 2005
  17. yes, they're all running in 32-bit IE only, at the moment. That's not yet a
    big problem, but I'm glad to hear he's working on a new 64-bit version. I
    may have to give it a try, though I admit, I haven't really got a beef with
    Filtergate. He has also been quite responsive.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 15, 2005
  18. Guest

    Colin Nowell Guest

    You're most welcome.
    That's what I had been led to believe too... I guess the built in driver
    databases may differ though...

    Colin

    Colin Nowell, Aug 15, 2005
  19. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Good point!

    Myself have aprox the same problems. I'm trying to install w2k3 64 bytes,
    but faills everytyme. Setup is copying files, but some of them cannot be
    copied. After first reboot, w2k3 starts. But stay: with a blue screen: "The
    verification of a KnownDLL failled", and some error numbers. Just that. I've
    tryed copy the missing files from recovery console, but the error persist. I
    disabled everything in BIOS, i remove any unnecesary hard components(CD-RW,
    DVD-RW, dual DDR, USB) but still errors.

    What should I do?

    I have a P4 630, 3 Ghz, 1 Gb DDR II, 200 Gb Hdd SATA, MSI Mainboard.

    Guest, Nov 9, 2005
  20. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 9, 2005