Wilner's Bizarre Disappearance..

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Max Christoffersen, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. There has been a lot of talk (maybe too much talk..) about Wilner's
    departure from this newsgroup.

    The speculation has gone from him being a commercial spy using everyone in
    this group for marketing research to him being 'chased away' (?) by posters
    to marriage curtailing his activities to him being simply burned-out and
    tired of posting.

    All of this is highly speculative and few facts have emerged.

    Can anyone point to Wilner's last post in his last thread - this may at
    least put some of the rumour and speculation to rest.

    In fairness to Wilner and this newsgroup I think it is past time that we
    dealt in the facts of the matter.

    If Wilner is reading this (and we all know he is) consider it an open letter
    - you owe an explanation as to why you left the Wilner fans so bereft of
    guidance and light.

    Please answer their prayers - they are like lost sheep with no one to take
    them home.

    Please Norm...please...

    Max Christoffersen

    Max Christoffersen, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Max Christoffersen

    Richard C. Guest

    "Max Christoffersen" <> wrote in message
    :
    : In fairness to Wilner and this newsgroup I think it is past time that we
    : dealt in the facts of the matter.
    :
    ==========================
    You have no interest in ANY of the above:

    1) You showed in the past that you had no interest in fairness to Norm. You are
    one of the reasons he left.
    2) You have never shown any interest in this newsgroup. Show one on-topic or
    helpful post.
    3) You have NEVER shown any interest in actual facts.

    You are merely a pathetic, stalking troll.

    You are NOT thanked for playing.
    ============================

    Richard C., Feb 3, 2004

  3. Richard C. shoots himself in the foot with:

    >> Show one on-topic helpful post. <<

    Sure: It's a reply to your asinine post:

    Exactly the same argument it's always been.

    Buyers are a market segment.

    It is not indicative of the entire DVD market which is why Beuna Vista said
    'America wants P&S...'

    I expect sales of WS to outsell P&S because those who buy, are by definition
    collectors.

    That is not indicative of market wide demand which is why I won the argument
    when some one posted 'Max Was Right' years ago.

    It's the same argument it's always been.

    You can't have a mainstream format with hobbyist taste.

    Max Christoffersen

    Max Christoffersen, Feb 3, 2004
  4. Max Christoffersen

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Feb 3, 2004
  5. Stan Brown fails to answer the obvious with:

    >> Can anyone point to Wilner's last post in his last thread

    > Gee, if only there were some sort of Usenet archive, maybe with
    > input boxes for "author" and "newsgroup" and the ability to sort by
    > date.

    Yeah what if..

    The last post I can find is Wilner being corrected by someone else in April
    2003.

    Surely he didn't wimp out on such a lame ending...?

    Max Christoffersen

    Max Christoffersen, Feb 3, 2004
  6. Max Christoffersen

    Dave Guest

    > There has been a lot of talk (maybe too much talk..) about Wilner's
    > departure from this newsgroup.
    >
    > The speculation has gone from him being a commercial spy using everyone in
    > this group for marketing research to him being 'chased away' (?) by

    posters
    > to marriage curtailing his activities to him being simply burned-out and
    > tired of posting.
    >
    > All of this is highly speculative and few facts have emerged.
    >
    > Can anyone point to Wilner's last post in his last thread - this may at
    > least put some of the rumour and speculation to rest.
    >
    > In fairness to Wilner and this newsgroup I think it is past time that we
    > dealt in the facts of the matter.
    >
    > If Wilner is reading this (and we all know he is) consider it an open

    letter
    > - you owe an explanation as to why you left the Wilner fans so bereft of
    > guidance and light.
    >
    > Please answer their prayers - they are like lost sheep with no one to take
    > them home.
    >
    > Please Norm...please...
    >

    > Max Christoffersen

    Max, we don't know he is reading this as you suggested. I doubt Norm
    bothers with the NG anymore mostly because of the trolls and who knows.

    Dave, Feb 4, 2004

  7. > Max, we don't know he is reading this as you suggested. I doubt Norm
    > bothers with the NG anymore mostly because of the trolls and who knows.

    If you think he isn't, you don't know Wilner.

    Max Christoffersen

    Max Christoffersen, Feb 4, 2004
  8. Max Christoffersen

    Dave Guest

    > > Max, we don't know he is reading this as you suggested. I doubt Norm
    > > bothers with the NG anymore mostly because of the trolls and who knows.

    > If you think he isn't, you don't know Wilner.
    >
    > Max Christoffersen

    If you think you know someone purely by what they post then you must be
    dillusional. Part of the appeal of usenet in general is that we can say, do
    , and be what we want. We are annonymous. My names not Dave for example.
    Many people have used proper names in the NG that were purely bogus. Keep
    reality in check Max.

    Dave, Feb 4, 2004
  9. Max Christoffersen

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 11:42:37 +1300, Max Christoffersen
    <> Gave us:

    >Stan Brown fails to answer the obvious with:
    >
    >>> Can anyone point to Wilner's last post in his last thread

    >> Gee, if only there were some sort of Usenet archive, maybe with
    >> input boxes for "author" and "newsgroup" and the ability to sort by
    >> date.

    >Yeah what if..
    >
    >The last post I can find is Wilner being corrected by someone else in April
    >2003.
    >
    >Surely he didn't wimp out on such a lame ending...?
    >

    >Max Christoffersen

    You are a retard. He posted up through may as I have headers for
    5/7/03.

    I hope he is on an extended vacation that included travel, and that
    said travel takes him to your front door, where he bludgeons yer lame
    ass till you can't move for 3 years. THEN, your fat ass might lose
    some weight!

    DarkMatter, Feb 4, 2004
  10. Dave looks for an out clause with:

    >> If you think he isn't, you don't know Wilner.
    >>
    >> Max Christoffersen
    >>

    > If you think you know someone purely by what they post then you must be
    > dillusional. Part of the appeal of usenet in general is that we can say, do
    > , and be what we want. We are annonymous. My names not Dave for example.
    > Many people have used proper names in the NG that were purely bogus. Keep
    > reality in check Max.

    Oh I have - the Wilner ego will not allow anything written about him to go
    by unchecked.

    Max Christoffersen

    Max Christoffersen, Feb 4, 2004
  11. Max Christoffersen

    Justin Guest

    Dave wrote on [Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:33:33 GMT]:

    > Wow, a basball bat in my skull. Tell me Darkmatter, do you have a criminal
    > record? Were you beaten as a child? My posting a binary one time, and
    > believe me, one time, makes you want to kill me? Threatening people on the
    > internet is no less illegal than doing in person. Google archives all of our
    > posts and trust me on this, they report threats. So, empty out that
    > colostomy bag of yours and go to bed.

    Posting a binary ANY time to a non binary newsgroup is enough for a
    lynching

    Justin, Feb 4, 2004
  12. Max Christoffersen

    Dave Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Dave wrote on [Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:33:33 GMT]:
    > >

    > > Wow, a basball bat in my skull. Tell me Darkmatter, do you have a

    criminal
    > > record? Were you beaten as a child? My posting a binary one time, and
    > > believe me, one time, makes you want to kill me? Threatening people on

    the
    > > internet is no less illegal than doing in person. Google archives all of

    our
    > > posts and trust me on this, they report threats. So, empty out that
    > > colostomy bag of yours and go to bed.
    > >

    > Posting a binary ANY time to a non binary newsgroup is enough for a
    > lynching

    Ok, you have a point there. I never post binary in this NG, but, that
    comment from Darkmatter sounds way pyschotic. He will only get himself in
    trouble spewing that kind of shit. Binary or no binary we don't participate
    in the NG to threaten each other. Darkmatter is taking usenet way too
    seriously and perhaps he should take a break from it.

    The Janet binary was just to point out how trivial that whole Norm thread
    was. Sure, some of us are curious about it, but pretty soon we will have to
    change the name of this NG to alt.wheresnorm.wilner . Besides, I thought
    some would get a kick out of that gif I sent.

    Dave, Feb 4, 2004
  13. Max Christoffersen

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:45:00 GMT, Justin <> Gave
    us:

    >Dave wrote on [Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:33:33 GMT]:
    >>

    >> Wow, a basball bat in my skull. Tell me Darkmatter, do you have a criminal
    >> record? Were you beaten as a child? My posting a binary one time, and
    >> believe me, one time, makes you want to kill me? Threatening people on the
    >> internet is no less illegal than doing in person. Google archives all of our
    >> posts and trust me on this, they report threats. So, empty out that
    >> colostomy bag of yours and go to bed.
    >>

    >Posting a binary ANY time to a non binary newsgroup is enough for a
    >lynching

    Now if only the retarded ass would take that as fact, and go do some
    reading about this forum which he has so blatantly interloped his lame
    ass into! Outhouse express user... very doubtful that the retard will
    change.

    What ever happened to public stonings?

    DarkMatter, Feb 4, 2004

  14. >> Surely he didn't wimp out on such a lame ending...?

    >> Max Christoffersen

    > You are a retard. He posted up through may as I have headers for
    > 5/7/03.
    >
    > I hope he is on an extended vacation that included travel, and that
    > said travel takes him to your front door, where he bludgeons yer lame
    > ass till you can't move for 3 years. THEN, your fat ass might lose
    > some weight!

    Actually it was when he said he intended to visit me in person that I
    tsrated to reliase the obvious...

    Max Christoffersen

    Max Christoffersen, Feb 4, 2004
  15. Max Christoffersen

    HellRazor Guest

    "DarkMatter" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:45:00 GMT, Justin <> Gave
    > us:
    >
    > >Dave wrote on [Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:33:33 GMT]:
    > >>

    > >> Wow, a basball bat in my skull. Tell me Darkmatter, do you have a

    criminal
    > >> record? Were you beaten as a child? My posting a binary one time, and
    > >> believe me, one time, makes you want to kill me? Threatening people on

    the
    > >> internet is no less illegal than doing in person. Google archives all

    of our
    > >> posts and trust me on this, they report threats. So, empty out that
    > >> colostomy bag of yours and go to bed.
    > >>

    > >Posting a binary ANY time to a non binary newsgroup is enough for a
    > >lynching

    > Now if only the retarded ass would take that as fact, and go do some
    > reading about this forum which he has so blatantly interloped his lame
    > ass into! Outhouse express user... very doubtful that the retard will
    > change.

    Your writing is an awful lot like Ed Wood's, except he has a better
    vocabulary than you!

    > What ever happened to public stonings?

    Yeah, really! You'd be the first nominee if they ever bring those back!

    HellRazor, Feb 4, 2004
  16. Max Christoffersen

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 19:08:42 +1300, Max Christoffersen
    <> Gave us:

    >>> Surely he didn't wimp out on such a lame ending...?
    >>>

    >>> Max Christoffersen

    >> You are a retard. He posted up through may as I have headers for
    >> 5/7/03.
    >>
    >> I hope he is on an extended vacation that included travel, and that
    >> said travel takes him to your front door, where he bludgeons yer lame
    >> ass till you can't move for 3 years. THEN, your fat ass might lose
    >> some weight!

    >Actually it was when he said he intended to visit me in person that I
    >tsrated to reliase the obvious...

    You're an idiot... Go away...

    DarkMatter, Feb 4, 2004
  17. Max Christoffersen

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 06:27:07 GMT, "HellRazor" <> Gave
    us:

    >Here's the part where he tells you about the super top secret facility he
    >works at as a nuclear fizzisist.

    I wonder what you'd look like with a house from our firehouse shoved
    up your ass, and turned on!

    Can you be any more retarded, boy? We all know you can if'n ya try
    real hard!

    DarkMatter, Feb 4, 2004
  18. Max Christoffersen

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 06:28:09 GMT, "HellRazor" <> Gave
    us:

    >Said the guy who uses the word RETARD in every post he makes.

    Only on total retards like YOU, retard boy!

    DarkMatter, Feb 4, 2004
  19. Max Christoffersen

    > On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 06:27:07 GMT, "HellRazor" <> Gave
    > us:
    >
    > >Here's the part where he tells you about the super top secret facility he
    > >works at as a nuclear fizzisist.
    > >

    > I wonder what you'd look like with a house from our firehouse shoved
    > up your ass, and turned on!

    Hey, leave me out of your sick homoerotic fantasies!

    HellRazor, Feb 4, 2004
  20. Max Christoffersen

    > On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 06:28:09 GMT, "HellRazor" <> Gave
    > us:
    >

    > >Said the guy who uses the word RETARD in every post he makes.

    > Only on total retards like YOU, retard boy!

    Oh yeah? Well, you're a RETARDED RETARD BOY! Double doo doo on you!

    HellRazor, Feb 4, 2004