    appointment would have much impact on voting patterns within the IT
    industry.

    Have your say if you want.

    Bruce Simpson, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Wheres your new site?
    "But I have a free weekend so I *promise* (no, I'm not doing a Dalziel)
    that I'll be rolling stuff out by Monday."

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 22, 2004

  3. Bruce Simpson

    Peter Guest

    You need to look at the big picture. You may be worse off overall
    just to deny a party your vote just because you do not like a non-core
    minister or spokesperson.

    Peter, Feb 23, 2004
  4. Bruce Simpson

    Nigel Guest

    Nigel, Feb 23, 2004
  5. Bruce Simpson

    CollectorNZ Guest

    SAme place its always been Dave

    CollectorNZ, Feb 23, 2004
  6. What... missing?

    The new site design is meant to be up by now.

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 23, 2004
  7. Bruce Simpson

    CollectorNZ Guest

    Sorry, misleading question :p

    CollectorNZ, Feb 23, 2004
  8. Bruce Simpson

    E. Scrooge Guest

    As if Labour has made a big difference to the industry.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Feb 23, 2004
  9. Bruce Simpson

    AD. Guest

    Also the meddling in (and even sabotage of) Govt IT projects.

    AD., Feb 23, 2004
  10. That'll suit Mo just fine. He can resume getting his backhanders from
    telecom for pontificating that there's nothing wrong, move along, pay no
    attenbion to the man with the suitcase full of money behind the curtain.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Feb 23, 2004
  11. Bruce Simpson

    Kim Shepherd Guest

    This is the guy that championed a mandatory NZ Photo ID card, right?
    Keep him the hell away from IT.

    Actually, keep the Government the hell out of IT, but that's a different
    story...

    -k.

    Kim Shepherd, Feb 23, 2004
  12. Bruce Simpson

    steve Guest

    Williamson would be a disaster - again.

    While everyone is busy worrying about a few Maori getting scholarships,
    let's not forget the Nats will have the same old economic
    policies....privatise health and education.....and make wage earners the
    powerless playthings of their employers.

    We've already voted against all that - twice.

    It would be a shame to let the imagined inequities in matters Maori obscure
    our view of what lies beyond and behind.

    steve, Feb 23, 2004
  13. Bruce Simpson

    steve Guest

    Did anyone say...."INCIS"?

    steve, Feb 23, 2004
  14. INCIS works fine at Work and Income.

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 23, 2004
  15. Bruce Simpson

    steve Guest

    Lemme see:

    - privatise Health sevices
    - bulk funding for Education and a move to vouchers
    - higher tertiary fees - property -right?
    - deprive a few Maori of flash vans and the odd scholarship
    - Maurice as IT Minister.

    I see no reason to vote Nat at all.....

    steve, Feb 23, 2004
  16. Bruce Simpson

    steve Guest

    *sling wrote:

    The "IT industry" in NZ is utterly dominated by foreign companies anyway.
    IBM, EDS, Unisys - just to name a few.

    Anything useful the government COULD do would be slapped down by the
    self-styled free-marketeers.

    steve, Feb 23, 2004
  17. Bruce Simpson

    Howard Guest

    Only they're not merely "imagined", are they Steve. If we keep going down
    the left route, we'll be another Zimbawe in less then 50 years.

    [Followups to nz.politics]

    Howard, Feb 23, 2004
  18. Bruce Simpson

    Kim Shepherd Guest

    Dell and HP are starting to pull more weight than IBM, these days.
    And things are just fine, really, I don't see that any government busybodies
    would add anything good.

    -k.

    Kim Shepherd, Feb 23, 2004
  19. Bruce Simpson

    John Sefton Guest

    He's the shadow minister. That's a far cry from being the actual minister
    under a Nat govt.

    John Sefton, Feb 23, 2004
  20. Bruce Simpson

    Tick Tock Guest