    (optional), red onion (optional), tomato and you're laughin. If you want
    mozerella, place a thin slice on top when you flip it and cover with a lid
    to hold the heat in a bit.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 13, 2006

  3. Hmmm... sounds perfect. Thanks....

    Dennis Gordon, Jun 13, 2006
  4. Dennis Gordon

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Yes, on reflection... :) Given the low popularity of XP64, I don't think
    it will last very long. XP64 was probably just to test the porting skills
    of the MS-programmers mob ;-) Well, they have proven they can do the job
    pretty good, so Vista 64 will be fine too. But I rather hope XP64 (and
    XP32) will have a long life, because from what I read on Vista only looks
    prettier, and improves security from the start. Well, I don't need pretty
    looks (I have themes and effects switched off), and security is easy to do
    with 3rd party applications. Vista is another system-hogging aplication. i
    hope it will get streamlined before it "goes gold".

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 13, 2006
  5. The reason I raised the question in the first place was because when Vista
    was a dim future release, many felt that XP 64 bit would follow the arc of
    its predecessors which lasted 5+ years (WIN98 & XP anyways). I suspected
    that it would be closer to ME, which was put out there to give people
    something to chew on while awaiting XP; never worked very well and was
    pretty much marginalized in XP's wake. If Vista is indeed just prettier and
    hungrier, it'd be a shame to orphan its 64 bit predecessor, which hasn't
    really had a chance to establish itself. It's not the end of the world; just
    an OS, but it works and I like it...

    Dennis Gordon, Jun 13, 2006
  6. Dennis Gordon

    Larry Hodges Guest

    A decent comeback. You've just redeemed yourself.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Jun 13, 2006
  7. Dennis Gordon

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Pheewwwww ;-)

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 13, 2006
  8. It will not long survive among the early adopters because we tend to move on
    rather quickly anyway, but it will do just fine for quite awhile among those
    who adopted it to resolve resource issues for highly technical applications.
    For those folks, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 13, 2006
  9. It has been out for fourteen months. I don't expect much more support than
    we already have as far as drivers go. The software makers do seem to be
    adding x64 support routinely as they bring out new versions however.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 13, 2006
  10. Dennis Gordon

    Yak64 Guest

    Please post your mushroom-related questions in the mushroom
    newsgroups. Thanks.

    (unless they're 64-bit mushrooms, obviously)

    Yak64, Jun 14, 2006
  11. Well, some of these portobellos are certainly 64 *bite*. Does that count?

    Dennis Gordon, Jun 14, 2006
  12. Well, some of these portobellos are certainly 64 *bite*. Does that count?

    Dennis Gordon, Jun 14, 2006
  13. See: microsoft.public.sandwicheaters.inthedark

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 14, 2006
  14. Well, some of these portobellos are certainly 64 *bite*. Does that count?

    Dennis Gordon, Jun 14, 2006
  15. Stupid repeating messages. Sorry....

    Dennis Gordon, Jun 14, 2006
  16. that should read:
    <AOL>
    Stupid repeating messages. Sorry...
    </AOL>

    :)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 14, 2006
  17. It will not long survive among the early adopters because we tend to move
    I guess I fall under the early adopter category, as a developer. However, I
    don't see myself switching to Vista on my primary home machine any time
    soon. XP64 has drivers for all my "essential" hardware, and it's been
    rock-solid since day one for me...my more esoteric hardware simply gets
    moved to my older 32-bit machines, so it's no big deal. I *will* upgrade
    the Vista betas to the final release when it comes out, but it'll be
    relegated to a few test boxes only.

    So for anyone who's not impressed with Vista so far, there's no real other
    x64 alternative to XP (well, maybe Server 2003, if you need a server OS). I
    think I'll probably be running it for as long as I've run XP x86.

    Homer J. Simpson, Jun 14, 2006
  18. Dennis Gordon

    Bioboffin Guest

    Now THAT is really off topic....

    <vbg>

    Bioboffin, Jun 14, 2006
  19. Dennis Gordon

    Rick Guest

    How can some information on preparing something
    to eat be "off topic?" And a bit of shared
    information on a subject such as this can
    definitely put you in a more creative mood!

    Rick, Jun 14, 2006
  20. Dennis Gordon

    Bioboffin Guest

    Fairy nuff. I stand repremanded.