will this memory fit into a KT400 mobo?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by fred.do, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. fred.do

    fred.do Guest

    I intend to this motherboard:
    Gigabyte SoA VIA KT400 ATX A
    (http://uk.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-7VA.htm)

    and 2 of these memory chips:
    Dabsvalue 512MB 184Pin DIMM PC3200 DDR RAM Non-Parity CL2.5
    (http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-info.asp?quicklinx=2CVGWS)

    Question Time:

    1) What does 'Non-Parity CL2.5' mean in the memory chips title?

    2) Will those memory chips install and operate fine in the motherboard?
    I ask this question because on Gigabyte's website for the motherboard, it
    has this list of "recommended DDR400 (PC3200) memory modules" for the
    motherboard:
    http://uk.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Support/TechnologyGuide/TechnologyGuide_37.htm
    Is there a chance the memory modules I buy will not work with this
    motherboard?
    Please note The manufacturer of the memory modules I intend to buy is
    'Dabsvalue' which is DABS.com very own brand of hardware that is very cheap,
    etc.

    TIA!

    fred.do, Jun 24, 2003

  2. fred.do

    Amethyst Guest

    Buying cheap RAM is akin to buying a cheap PSU - it may work and work well
    for a while, but it will certainly cost you a lot more in the long run. Best
    to purchase quality to begin with.

    --
    Cassandra
    Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People Too!'

    Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests
    of £1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot)
    uk. Change the obvious to the obvious.
    Private requests for assistance will not be acknowledged. Please post all
    correspondence to the group so that all may benefit. Thank you.

    Amethyst, Jun 24, 2003

  3. fred.do

    steven67@ Guest

    ..

    Crucial guarantees that these DIMMs will be compatible with the GA-7VA:
    http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/listparts.asp?model=GA-7VA&DetailMB=Y&cat=RAM

    Crucial's PC3200, 512MB DIMM costs less than the one at Dabs. And Crucial offers free
    delivery via Royal Mail Special Delivery.

    steven67@, Jun 24, 2003
  4. fred.do

    fred do Guest

    fred do, Jun 24, 2003