Will the MS press books enough to get MCSD.NET

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by KP, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. KP

    KP Guest

    Hi,

    I bought all the books for MCSD.NEt.
    Dev.Win.apps using VB.NEt and VS.net
    Dev.WEb. apps using VB.net and VS.net
    Dev.XML web services
    Defining solution architectures for .NEt..

    all are MS press books. Is it enough to give a test after
    reading them..
    do i need to go through the MSDN also before giving the
    test.
    I have 3 yrs.of exp. in VB..
    I dont have any exp. in .NEt..
    any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    KP

    KP, Jan 26, 2004

  2. No. The MS Press books are incomplete.
    Go to www.codeclinic.com at read those links at a minimum.
    No experience in .NET? Why are you pursuing certification?

    General Protection Fault, Jan 26, 2004

  3. KP

    Guest Guest

    I have used these books and so far have passed 306 and 315. My advice is to do the labs (especially if you have no experience) and take the practice exams as often as possible until you are scoring above 90%. For the topics you don't quite understand after going through the book, try the help and its examples. The books for the most part should suffice.

    Guest, Jan 29, 2004
  4. KP

    Lumberg Guest

    315. My advice is to do the labs (especially if you have
    no experience) and take the practice exams as often as
    possible until you are scoring above 90%. For the topics
    you don't quite understand after going through the book,
    try the help and its examples. The books for the most
    part should suffice.
    I forgot. Copy the ebook locally and sell the physical
    books back via Amazon.

    Lumberg, Feb 4, 2004
  5. KP

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Such an action would be illegal. When selling copyrighted material, you
    cannot retain ANY part of the copyrighted material, including any including
    electronic copies...

    Lorne

    Lorne Smith, Feb 4, 2004
  6. KP

    Unknown Guest

    MOC cover 85% of the material required for MS exams

    Roger

    Unknown, Feb 10, 2004
  7. What is MOC?

    Paras Wadehra, Feb 10, 2004