    friends, gotta love that ignorant garbage... the only thing that really bugs me
    is if there's one of these films on TBS or WGN or even AMC for that matter...
    it's too many commercials.

    Wade365, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Angry Gamer

    Dave Guest

    \This show is in heavy tv syndicated rotation across the globe why would one
    ever need the dvd version. Besides, season one really really sucked so, you
    would have to wait till season II at least. Even then, the ep you just payed
    for is airing on, like, 5 different channels in your area throughout the
    day.

    Dave, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Angry Gamer

    Stan Brown Guest

    It seems "Dave" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    What a silly question!

    I don't know about other countries, but here in the US it is
    virtually impossible to see the entirety of any episode. While there
    may be some station somewhere that doesn't cut out program to make
    room for extra commercials, I wouldn't count on it.

    Beyond that, of course, are the convenience of seeing an episode or
    scene when you want it, and the convenience of not having to cope
    with commercials.

    Stan Brown, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Angry Gamer

    JimReid56 Guest

    While there
    Stations do not cut these shows. They have been cut by the syndicator. There's
    a heavy duty contract that makes the station run every frame of the show.

    JimReid56, Feb 1, 2004
  5. Angry Gamer

    MD Guest

    Paramount is not releasing "Seinfield," Columbia/Sony is since they own the
    show.

    Mike

    MD, Feb 1, 2004
  6. Uh, everyone's been so busy answering academic "Why would they put one
    out?" without looking at the header--

    Now, me, *I* thought the poster was asking, "Is Paramount STILL going to
    release their set that Jason, Julia and Michael refused to do commentary
    for?", even though a week later, we'd heard that Jerry had successfully
    talked Michael into coming back to the microphone.

    Derek Janssen (yes, the Usenet's eternal lure of the abstract, even in
    the face of the concrete...)

    Derek Janssen, Feb 1, 2004
  7. Angry Gamer

    Mike7883uk Guest

    It seems "Dave" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    I'm sure the first season will be released by years end. As for the actor hold
    outs, well that should be cleared, If they are expecting co-operation for all 9
    seasons, financially I'd expect Seinfeld to do the right think and actually
    discuss this with them. Regardless of syndication, Seinfled DVD's should make
    them all, that little bit more rich. I'd stake a good bet they will contribute,
    and S1 will be out by Xmas.

    Mike.

    Mike7883uk, Feb 1, 2004
  8. Yes, season one of Seinfeld will be released fall 2004 via Columbia / TriStar
    Home Entertainment. But do not count on many additonal features..
    (source - Video Store Magazine)
    http://uniqueguyinpgh.musicstack.com

    UniqueGuyinPgh, Feb 2, 2004