Will saved newsgroup messages disappear?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Geopelia, Apr 29, 2006.

  1. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Help Please!
    I have saved a lot of newsgroup messages in folders I have made. At present
    they are all filed under "Sent items" in the Folders column on the left,
    under Outlook Express -Local Folders - Sent items.
    I also have folders for saved emails I have received, also filed under Sent
    items.
    ( Sent items was just a convenient place to put them, rather than under
    Inbox)

    I could save them to My Documents, but although I could do it individually,
    there doesn't seem any way on my computer to highlight a bunch of them and
    save them, or save a whole folder, "save as" is greyed when I try that.
    Export doesn't work either, I keep getting an error message.

    I suppose the email messages will still be saved, but when xtra closes down
    the newsgroups, will all these saved newsgroup messages disappear?

    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but it's rather a worry, as there are so
    many, and I'll have to move them all before the newsgroups close if xtra is
    getting rid of them.

    Thank you

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Apr 29, 2006

  2. Geopelia

    E. Scrooge Guest

    What's saved on your hard drive will still stay on it. Unread headers from
    Xtra will be useless once Xtra shuts down, but your read messages that are
    saved will stay along with all messages you've sent in your sent folder.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Apr 29, 2006

  3. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thank you Scrooge, that's a load off my mind.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Apr 30, 2006
  4. Geopelia

    Rev. 9 11 Guest

    Does OE regularly delete messages older than a certain date or if
    they are unread after a certain date?
    Agent does, I thought most other advanced newsreaders would.
    ---

    Rev. 9 11, May 7, 2006