    route pointing back to the local router?

    If the local router is the hub of your network, you should probably just
    set the remote router's default route to point to it.

    Barry Margolin, Jun 16, 2006

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Hi Barry,

    I actually realized that about 5 minutes after I posted it. So, I feel
    quite sheepish now! I just wanted to thank you again (and other other
    respondents in this thread) for all the help you've given. It's been
    invaluable!

    The local router in question isn't at the hub of our network, and in
    fact very little traffic passes across this T1 -- but, it's still
    important for us to have it running.

    I need to educate myself on routing protocols; we have a whole bunch of
    static routes here connecting our main office to remote offices; and
    I'm wondering if there's a more elegant way of doing it. Our setup is
    very hub-and-spoke, though; remote sites don't have the ability to
    connect to each other explicitly -- though most remote sites connect to
    us via VPNs, as opposed to this direct-connect T1; so I guess it's
    possible for them to be able to connect to each other.

    Chris

    Chris, Jun 16, 2006

  3. Yes, a routing protocol would probably make things easier. For your
    needs, RIP version 2 would probably be perfectly adequate.

    Barry Margolin, Jun 17, 2006