    into a linksys non wireless router and have connectivity ?

    Thank you

    JH

    Jack, Oct 21, 2005

  2. Jack

    Tony Guest

    Yes, just make sure the IP address of the AP is the same as the rest of the
    network. If you haven't already bougt the AP, personally I wouldn't get a
    Belkin one. You will have the possibility of conflicts between the
    different makes and I personally seem to have big problems trying to support
    people that have bought Belkin wireless gear. If it works then its fine, if
    it don't then its a pain.

    Tony, Oct 21, 2005

  3. Jack

    why? Guest

    I would usually go for a Linksys AP if your other kit is Linksys, but
    you didn't way what brand the NICs are. It should be okay intermixing
    stuff. I just went all Belkin to perhaps make things easier in case
    there were cross brand issues.
    Yes.

    The AP, just becomes another device on the wired network, it will pick
    up a dynamic address as the PCs from the non wireless router.

    You should read up on wireless security and configure the AP and
    wireless PCs.

    This link has
    http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wirelesssecurity/tp/wifisecurity.htm
    been reposted by several people a few times in 24HSHD the last few
    months.

    Try searching
    in anycase if you have some questions and www.google.com

    Me