Will ping from this host get to another?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by AJClarkJr, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. AJClarkJr

    AJClarkJr Guest

    Name IP Address Ethernet Address Segment
    A 10.2.112.2 e1 1
    B 10.2.97.1 e2 7
    C 10.4.40.2 e3 4
    D 10.4.33.2 e4 4
    W 10.2.99.1 E5 2
    10.3.65.1 E6 3
    X 10.3.65.2 E7 3
    10.4.33.1 E8 4
    Y 10.2.113.1 E9 6
    10.3.66.1 Ea 5
    Z 10.3.66.2 Eb 5
    10.4.40.1 Ec 4

    Routing Tables
    A:
    Network Netmask Router
    10.3.64.0 255.255.224.0 10.2.99.1

    B:
    Network Netmask Router
    0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.2.113.1

    C:
    Network Netmask Router
    0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.4.40.1

    D:
    Network Netmask Router
    0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.4.33.1

    W:
    Network Netmask Router
    10.4.32.0 255.255.224.0 10.3.66.2

    X:
    Network Netmask Router
    10.2.96.0 255.255.224.0 10.3.66.1

    Y:
    Network Netmask Router
    10.4.32.0 255.255.224.0 10.3.65.2

    Z:
    Network Netmask Router
    10.2.96.0 255.255.224.0 10.3.65.1

    IF I AM ON HOST A and I try to PING D, will it not be received because
    the desination IP would not be recognized by the first router?

    THANKS

    AJClarkJr, Apr 13, 2006

  2. It won't even be sent to the first router, because A doesn't have a
    default route in its routing table. What's the network mask on all the
    machines' interfaces?

    Barry Margolin, Apr 14, 2006