will phones work during blackout

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Rick Merrill, Mar 23, 2006.

  1. Rick Merrill

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Rick Merrill, Mar 23, 2006

  2. Only satellite phones can provide a reliable service during disasters.
    All other technologies have considerable local infrastructure that
    would not be operational during a disaster.

    EventHelix.com, Mar 24, 2006

  3. Or I suppose any service utilizing satellite connectivity. ie. Internet via
    satellite and then VoIP lines. I have been pondering this since Katrina ...

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Mar 24, 2006
  4. Rick Merrill

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Provided you have access to a supply of batteries.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Mar 24, 2006
  5. Rick Merrill

    Onion Knight Guest