Will passing 70-271 or 70-272 give me MCP status?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Alphawolf, Jun 8, 2006.

  1. Alphawolf

    Alphawolf Guest

    I've been out of the IT industry since 2001 and am looking to pick up
    some IT work again to subsidize my Real Estate career- which has slowed
    quite a bit.

    My last certs were Win95/WinNT Server.

    In searching careerbuilder it doesn't seem most employers have heard of
    the MCDST.

    If job ads request a Cert than it seems MCP, MCSE and A+ are most
    requested.

    MCDST seems fairly logical to me to get back into the field as I'll be
    persuing Support positions and not Admin positions.

    I was fairly sure, but wanted clarification by others- if passing
    70-271 or 70-272 would convey MCP status to me?

    As an aside [slight rant coming]- It kills me to shell out $300+ to get
    the A+. I've always done break fix, built my own PC's since '91,
    etc..and I know 90% of any book exam I've seen in regards to A+. I
    guess employers want the cert and I guess I should have bit the bullet
    years ago. It still kills me a bit inside to have to pay that much for
    it. ;-)

    Thanks in advance...

    AW

    Alphawolf, Jun 8, 2006

  2. Alphawolf

    Syd Guest

    I am doing the mcdst cert for having (hopefully) more chances to get a job
    as a Business Administrator.
    Thinking that a possible employer would be happy to hire a bus. admin. also
    able to troubleshoot OS and applications that get stuck every moment and
    with people messing with them every day.
    That's it.

    I think that for a real IT position MCSA, MCSE, A+, Network+ are more
    appropriate, frankly.

    Syd, Jun 9, 2006

  3. Henrik Johansson, Jun 9, 2006
  4. Alphawolf

    Alphawolf Guest

    Yeah- I decided to just take A+ prior to sending out my resume. From
    there, I'll see what happens. Thx.

    Dean

    Alphawolf, Jun 9, 2006