    should with no restarting. When I reinstall the card the problem returns.

    I have check for power management settings and cannot find anything specific
    to change. Any ideas???

    lk, Jan 12, 2009

  2. lk

    David B. Guest

    Contact Airlink tech support, the problem is obviously with their hardware
    or drivers.

    David B., Jan 12, 2009

  3. lk

    smlunatick Guest

    Which version of the drivers? Did you check for a newer version from
    the card's manufacturer's web site? Several other manufacturers do
    provide updated drivers, off their tech support web site.

    smlunatick, Jan 12, 2009
  4. lk

    lk Guest

    It is an AirLink101 AWLH6090 (has 3 remote mounted antennas). I checked the
    AirLink101 website and could not find any driver updates for this model. I
    emailed their tech support explaining the shutdown problem and also asking
    for driver updates as other models have updates posted. No answer yet (its
    been 5 days).

    lk, Jan 12, 2009
  5. Hi
    Try another PCI slot it might be an IRQ conflict that confuses the drivers.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 13, 2009
  6. lk

    smlunatick Guest

    No. XP allows sharing the IRQs and sometimes it share an IRQ that is
    an important one (such as IRQs for the hard drive.)

    smlunatick, Jan 13, 2009
  7. I have gotten around some odd behavor that was actually caused by the
    Utilities installed along with the driver by getting rid of the Utility. In
    my case it was impossible to install the drivers without also installing the
    Utility,...so...

    After installation I uninstalled the Utility from Add/Remove Programs. The
    actual drivers are quite often left behind after that. So I removed the
    adapter and booted up once,....shutdown,...reinstalled the adapter and
    started back up. The Plug-n-play detected the adapter and installed the
    drivers that were left behind without having to install the utility. Just
    don't give it the OEM CD, do not tell it to search the Internet for drivers
    and just tell it to "automatically" install the drivers which causes it to
    only look at the drivers it already has locally.

    I don't know if that will work for you or not, but it worked great for one
    of the Linksys "USB" Nics that I use at home. This also cleanly allows the
    Windows Zero Configuration Utility to control the nic because their is no
    utility to compete with.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Jan 13, 2009
  8. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 13, 2009
  9. lk

    lk Guest

    Update-

    I installed the adapter into another computer... Did not have the "Will not
    shutdown" issue. Windows detected and loaded driver on this PC. I suspect it
    is not a 'bad card' hardware problem. Moved adapter back to intended PC.

    Checked for IRQ Conflicts on card's hardware properties - None

    Checked for IRQ Sharing of the PCI Slots -
    PCI Slot 1 IRQ 16 is shared with 2 other devices
    PCI Slot 2 IRQ 18 is shared with 2 other devices
    PCI Slot 3 IRQ 21 Not Shared.

    Adapter left installed in PCI Slot 3.

    Checked for Chipset Driver Update on Ralink.
    Chipset = RT2680
    Update available 1.2.1.0 (11/11/2008) Previous on AirLink CD was
    1.01.00.0000
    Loaded updated driver - Will not Shutdown problem still exists.
    Uninstalled AirLink 101 Monitor and installed Ralink RaUI monitor software -
    Will not Shutdown problem still exists.

    lk, Jan 16, 2009
  10. lk

    smlunatick Guest

    It seems that the wireless card might not be compatible with the
    motherboard / chipset set in the PC that is having the shutdown
    problems. Check for any possible BIOS update (this might offer a
    "fix" for IRQ problems???) and update/install the motherboard chipset
    drivers.

    smlunatick, Jan 16, 2009
  11. Did you see my post?

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Jan 16, 2009
  12. lk

    Pavel A. Guest

    lk wrote:
    Usually they don't.
    Perhaps the device is faulty (your's one, or the series...) in that
    it raises the PCI PME signal when it should not.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Jan 17, 2009
  13. lk

    lk Guest

    SOLVED !!!!

    I Disabled the BIOS setting "S5 WAKE ON LAN" and my PC Shuts Down normally
    now. Thanks to everyone who made suggestions to my dilemma.

    lk, Jan 22, 2009