Will it break the $3,000 mark?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Feb 4, 2007.

  1. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Feb 4, 2007

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Arggh. I always wanted one of those. They were well under $1k not
    all that long ago. I wonder what happened.

    Paul Rubin, Feb 4, 2007

  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Ken Lucke Guest

    "Rita" multi-posted enough articles in different groups to make
    everyone want to buy the lens.

    Seriously, "Rita", why can't you cross post to 2-3 groups instead of
    multiposting separately to all of them, so that smart newsreaders can
    mark them as read in all the other groups as well after the first one,
    so we don't have to see them multiple times? Cross posting IS a more
    polite (and less resource-wasteful) way to handle articles to multiple
    groups, despite the masses using the term "crossposting" generically to
    mean "to too many groups". It's the same usenet courtesy as not top
    posting, trimming unnecessary quoted material, and other such polite
    conventions. Multi-posting means there is a separate article in each
    group. Crossposting only creates one article in the first newsgroup
    listed, and puts pointers to its Message-ID: in each of the other
    groups. It's much less bandwidth intensive (there are still lots of
    people on the end of slow dialup lines and such), much more
    newsreader-friendly, and just plain more polite. It'd also actually be
    easier for you to just list the newsgroups rather than posting several
    times.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard

    Ken Lucke, Feb 4, 2007
  4. Seems a shame for such a nice lens to be sold into the collector market
    :). (Which his emphasis on box and papers and finish clearly says he's
    doing; but of course that's where he'll get the biggest price.)

    Mine wouldn't go for that much, there's some visible finish wear, and no
    box, and no original hood.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Feb 4, 2007
  5. I'm hoping you'll stop multi-posting.

    John McWilliams, Feb 4, 2007
  6. Some people lose their minds on E-Bay and bid blindly.

    Ockham's Razor, Feb 4, 2007
  7. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Dave Cohen Guest

    I'm a little short of cash, how much do think he'd want for the box.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Feb 5, 2007
  8. Hey, as a seller on eBay I find absolutely nothing wrong with that. As a
    buyer, this means that the only way to get a great deal on eBay is to seek
    out newly listed improperly priced Buy It Now auctions.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Feb 5, 2007
  9. Needn't worry, this lens will see some use.
    It depends. A scrapper is going for $2,000+. It's simply too nice of a
    lens to sell.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Feb 5, 2007
  10. The rapid price jump coincides with the Canon users discovering the beauty
    of this lens on the 5D.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Feb 5, 2007
  11. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    timeOday Guest

    I got a "steal" on ebay on two occasions. Both times, the seller came
    up with some lame excuse to back out.

    timeOday, Feb 5, 2007
  12. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    timeOday Guest

    I must say, the photos of the lens on the listing are better than
    average ebay quality :) Not a pawn shop listing.

    timeOday, Feb 5, 2007