    G Wong Guest

    Will "Fistfull of Dollars" & "A Few Dollars More" get remastered treatment,
    like they did for "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly"?

    G Wong, May 24, 2004

  2. G Wong

    Ocelot Guest

    Doubtful, as TGTBATU got a remastering due to it being someone's pet
    project that was then spurred on by a theatrical re-release. The main
    reason for the remastering was a project to incorporate the excised 20
    min from the US version. The other 'Dollars' movies have no such
    footage in great length. I haven't heard of any such project for the
    other films.

    It would be nice if they were on the books to be remastered though.
    "For A Few Dollars More" is a pitiful DVD!

    Ocelot, May 25, 2004

  3. G Wong

    Ronald Cole Guest

    They could at least anamorphically enhance them so then I would buy
    them and put them next to TGTBATU on my shelf.

    Ronald Cole, May 31, 2004
  4. Yes, I think. I was at a screeing of the Leone films in late 2002 in
    Hollywood and the MGM Home Video rep was there as part of a Q&A, and
    made a casual reference to 'remastering' the four Leone westerns in
    their library, noting that they would be adding the extra footage and
    adding new dubs.

    He explictly said 'four' films which I reacted to immediately, and
    noted that 'TGTB&TU' would be first and they would work backward in
    the trilogy, and since he said four films I figured they would then
    get around to 'Duck You Sucker.'

    He also explictly asked the crowd if they knew anyone who could do a
    good Lee Van Cleef voice.

    So there is some evidence that the plan was at least at one point to
    remaster and re-release these westerns on DVD (though I didn't get the
    impression that the other films would get added footage and new dubs.
    but I could be wrong).

    Cato The Elder, Jun 4, 2004