    So, will they ever drop in price significantly?

    I would consider a price under $1/disc to be cheap, and anything under
    $.50/disc to be dirt cheap.

    def456, Mar 23, 2007

  2. def456

    def456 Guest

    I think the non-response answers this question. There isn't enough interest,
    thus not enough demand for DL discs, so the price will probably stay high. A
    lot of software won't burn DL discs correctly so that's probably a
    contributing factor. ImgBurn does a good job but it's cryptic and technical,
    not likely to become popular. I read somewhere that the demand for DL discs
    would double this year, but I don't see that happening. Verbatim will
    control the supply accordingly to keep the price high.

    def456, Mar 26, 2007

  3. def456

    Guest Guest

    Apparently, they are already there. I bought 40 DVD+R DL for $17, postpaid,
    not long ago. That comes to $0.43/disc.
    NewEgg (since you ask. :)

    Norm Strong

    Guest, Mar 27, 2007
  4. def456

    def456 Guest

    I've seen something similar mentioned before and believe it is a false
    claim. If true, please backup with a current reference. Certainly you didn't
    buy Verbatim DVD+R DL for that price.

    def456, Mar 29, 2007
  5. def456

    Bill Guest

    Though elitists will say that even this wasn't worth the price, I found
    50 Memorex dual-layered discs on a clearance shelf at a local Target
    back in mid January, with a $13.61 price tag--brand new, still in the
    original packaging. Target doesn't even sell spindles of 50 dual-layered
    discs---my guess is that this was a Christmas return from a customer who
    had no idea where the discs came from, and a weary clerk took them
    back/issued a credit as a courtesy. They rang up at the
    register/displayed on the receipt as Imation DVD-Rs, $5.88 off of the
    normal $19.49 price.

    Memorex is normally a name I avoid, but wasn't about to pass up 50
    dual-layered DVD+Rs for that type of money...and the burned discs have
    checked out surprisingly well using Nero's CD Speed utility. Overall, I
    was very pleased with the purchase.

    Bill, Mar 29, 2007
  6. def456

    def456 Guest

    message
    <censored>

    Ploink!

    def456, Mar 29, 2007
  7. def456

    southwindsteve

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    40 DVD+R DL for $17, postpaid

    I went to Newegg and searched through all their dvd media and could not find any 40 DVD+R DL for $17, postpaid. So maybe they discontinued them.

    southwindsteve, Sep 17, 2008