    the router from my second pc will that work or do I need to buy a straight
    cable ?

    TIA.

    Farcry, Oct 13, 2008

  2. Farcry

    deKay Guest

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 13 Oct
    2008 07:56:01 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Farcry"
    Ideally a straight through, but you'll probably find your router will
    auto-detect and work anyway.

    deKay

    deKay, Oct 13, 2008

  3. Farcry

    Rob Morley Guest

    Most modern kit has auto MDI/MDI-X which detects the cable type and
    deals with it accordingly, so try it with an existing cable before you
    buy another.

    Rob Morley, Nov 18, 2008
  4. Farcry

    Bernard Peek Guest

    Many routers and switches have an uplink socket or a standard socket
    with a switch to convert it into uplink mode. If you plug the crossover
    cable into an uplink socket it should work.

    Bernard Peek, Nov 18, 2008