    64MB. The smallest card I can buy, new, today is 512MB.

    Will it work?

    Is it time to go to ebay for an ancient card?

    Al Dykes, Jul 2, 2006

  2. Al Dykes

    RK Guest

    Al:

    If it is a Smart Media card I believe the largest one you will find is
    128meg. However, I would Google around to see if one that large can be
    used with the camera. Should be ok. Though these cards are no longer
    used by new cameras, you should be able to find a few here and there at
    reasonable prices. They still appear in many of the camera mags at
    places like Adorama, if I'm not mistaken. In my collection I still have
    a D-460 which uses SM cards and for most uses a 128 gives me a full day
    of shooting.

    Good luck. It's sometimes fun and satisfying to use these old cameras.

    /ron

    RK, Jul 2, 2006

  3. Al Dykes

    Gadi Ben-Avi Guest

    As I recall, the largest smartmedia card made was 128MB.

    The limit on the largest card a camera could use was set by the camera.

    Gadi

    Gadi Ben-Avi, Jul 2, 2006
  4. Al Dykes

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Dave Cohen, Jul 2, 2006
  5. Al Dykes

    snapper Guest

    Possibly not. As others have said, 128 meg is the largest SM card. I have an old olympus D340 1.3
    megapixel camera here and it is not happy with a 128 meg card. It is really slow at taking pictures
    and writing to the card with that SM card. With the 4 or 8 meg cards that I have it is fine.

    snapper, Jul 2, 2006
  6. Al Dykes

    Kevin Agard Guest

    Kevin Agard, Jul 3, 2006
  7. Al Dykes

    Kevin Agard Guest

    I too had a 340 and as I recall I had to send it back to Olympus to have
    it upgraded to accept a larger card. (I think it originally only
    accepted up to 16 mb and they upgraded it to accept 32.) So I doubt th
    100 will work with the larger cards.

    Kevin Agard, Jul 3, 2006
  8. Al Dykes

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Maybe, maybe not. SmartMedia cards didn't have their own controllers on
    the card, but rather in the camera, making the name a misnomer as they
    were quite 'dumb'. The only way to be sure is to try the cards. The
    cost should be quite small, but I would suggest just ditching the camera
    in favor of a new one.

    Ron Hunter, Jul 3, 2006
  9. Al Dykes

    Ken Weitzel Guest