    Most importantly, does anyone have actual real-world experience with
    these configurations?

    Thank you for answering my simple questions.

    tomviolin, Apr 6, 2007

  2. On 6 Apr 2007 07:02:04 -0700, "tomviolin" <> wrote:

    ~ I'm having a hard time tracking down a confirmation of the answer to
    ~ these simple questions:
    ~
    ~ Will an AP350 running IOS support BR350/VxWorks clients AND generic
    ~ 802.11 clients?

    I could have sworn that I answered a question just like this not very long
    ago, but anyway, here goes again.

    An AP350's only roles are root AP and repeater. So a VXworks BR350 can only
    associate to the AP350 as a repeater.

    ~ Also: does an AP350 running IOS support WPA to non-Aironet 350
    ~ clients?

    Yes, WPA(1)-TKIP (not WPA2 since no hardware support for AES.)

    ~ Can it support both WPA to non-Aironet clients and WEP to
    ~ Aironet clients, on different VLANs?

    Yes.

    ~ Most importantly, does anyone have actual real-world experience with
    ~ these configurations?

    Yes.

    ~ Thank you for answering my simple questions.

    Welcome.

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Apr 6, 2007