    I need to move away from 64 bit. Can my OEM purchased 64 bit license be used
    to install a 32 bit version of Vista?

    Thanks for helping

    Guest, Mar 30, 2007

  2. Hi, looplocal.

    Where do you plan to get the 32-bit version that you will install? If you
    buy it retail, the license will come with it.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    (Running Windows Mail in Vista Ultimate x64)

    R. C. White, MVP, Mar 30, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi RC,

    I was hoping that I could replace/request a 32 bit License Key from MS
    replacing the 64 bit license key and use that key on an existing Vista 32 bit
    install disk. But I guess, that might not be possible, especially since its
    OEM.

    loop

    Guest, Mar 30, 2007
  4. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    OEM is for one version or the other. I haven't seen any provisions for
    cross using the keys as with retail. If you can obtain a copy of the other
    version you can give it a try. I haven't seen the System Builder's license
    agreement about this.

    John Barnes, Mar 30, 2007
  5. Guest

    Thunnus Guest

    I'm running 32bit Vista Ultimate, with my 64bit Key

    Could not get my Sata drive to work with 64 bit, tried 32bit and used
    the 64 bit key, and the SATA works like a dream.. Go figure. \

    But yes it worked for me using the 64bit O/S key on the 32bit O/S

    Thunnus, Apr 10, 2007
  6. Guest

    Theo Guest

    The key for Vista is the same for 32-bit and 64-bit. The
    EULA will only permit you to have on version functional at a
    time. If you have a Retail version there is minimal hassle
    removing on version to switch to the other version. OEM is
    quite a different story.

    You cannot have 2 Retail or OEM installations with the same
    key - it's one or the other, but not both!

    Theo, Apr 10, 2007