    Will these application run as it is without any major changes on 64 it OS.

    Any links and knowdge article will be helpful

    Cheers ! Thanks in advance

    abcd, Oct 20, 2005

  2. 32-bit applications should run fine, assuming they don't depend on a system
    level driver. And assuming the installer you use is 32-bit, not 16-bit. Your
    web products will potentially not work with the 64-bit version of IE if they
    are dependent on 32-bit ActiveX components, etc. But they should work fine
    against 32-bit IE, which is the default browser.

    For links and kb articles, I strongly suggest that you google. There's a lot
    of information out there, including a fair amount on the MS site.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 20, 2005

  3. abcd

    mikester.d2 Guest

    Pro 64bit is crippleware as far as I'm concerned.

    I just bought it for a new machine but can't get very many programs to
    install due to "incompatible with this version" errors.

    So I am now going to reformat and buy/install XP Pro.

    Anyone want to buy my licensed copy?

    I can't return it to my vendow due to "no open software return policy"
    and M$ is giving me the run around "go call the other department"
    assholes.

    What a POS

    I'll take best offer

    mikester.d2, Oct 20, 2005