    never visited a Wildtangent site, and here it was on my computer in a folder
    names WT under Windows and another one in my Program Files. What the heck
    is the deal with this? I have recently uninstalled all related files.

    Cammie, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Cammie

    Robert Baer Guest

    Well, do not allow call-in connections!
    Firstly, use an exernal modem and make sure the software does not
    program it to answer.
    Secondly, use the BIOS to disable "wake-on LAN" and related
    foolishness.
    If you are paranoid or anal-retentive, then password your system at
    the BIOS level and all other possible places, using mixed case *random*
    characters and digits of 6 or more total length.

    Uninstalling only removes *some* of the crap.
    Use search and look for various names related to that program; use
    RegEdit and do likewise.

    Robert Baer, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Andrew Watiker, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Cammie

    Cammie Guest

    It's Dell but I've had it 3 years and it just appeared, I read somewhere I
    just happened upon a site, possible the one I visited for new AOL buddy
    icons and it loaded it on my puter without my knowledge.

    Cammie, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Cammie

    Jeremy Guest

    A lot of free icon sites come with spyware, it is a harvesting
    technique. Install ad-aware, a trojan remover and at least a firewall
    like zone alarm, all can be had for free.

    JJ

    Jeremy, Oct 26, 2003
  6. Cammie

    Cammie Guest

    I had zone alarm and liked it, but I couldn't get it to work along with my
    Callwave answering machine, it blocked my calls.

    Cammie, Oct 27, 2003
  7. Never heard of WILDTANGENT, but you may have a problem with spyware
    which is spying software installed sometimes without your knowledge or
    consent by websites. I recommend a good spyware eliminator program
    like "Spybot-Search and Destroy" which is donation ware as well as
    being very good at what it does.

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    Lubbock, Texas
    kinserlow at hotmail dot com