    Pick a crime like murder.
    So people dying is a good thing.

    No wonder you love guns.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 4, 2010

  2. Frank

    Avalon Guest

    That's why a 500% tax should be charged on all disposable diapers. It's the
    #1 product that is filling up landfills. Mothers and fathers destroying
    their own children's future environment. Stop breeding, go back to
    renewable diapers, or pay the tax. They'll pay the tax. They have to.

    Avalon, Jan 4, 2010

  3. Frank

    Peter Guest

    From your immediately preceding post:
    "weg9 says: If I use more goods and services than you do, then I should
    be
    taxed more. If I don't then I shouldn't be. That would be fair and
    reasonable. Anything else is stealing from those who have just because it's
    there to steal."

    How is that not the very sales tax you rail against.
    Nah! no inconsistency in that argument.

    Peter, Jan 4, 2010
  4. Frank

    Peter Guest

    If your bartender wants to smoke while working, let him go into a business
    that is not open to the public.

    Peter, Jan 4, 2010
  5. Frank

    Peter Guest

    How dare you lecture on social responsibility. Someone who says they will do
    as they want, is a selfish person with no regard for his fellow human
    beings. As to doctors, last time I looked I have the right to refuse any
    medical treatment.
    You say you make choices that don't harm anybody. That' pure bullshit. any
    example you give of no harm to others is based upon selective snippets, out
    of context.
    Your bad choices affect other members of society. If you want the right to
    do as you want, become a hermit in the jungle, or some other place where at
    least your dead body would serve the useful purpose of providing food for
    another species.

    Peter, Jan 4, 2010
  6. Frank

    Peter Guest

    Me too. When you resort to name calling and labeling you are showing the
    weakness of your argument.

    You might want to check:
    http://www.irs.gov/taxstats/index.html

    It also seems you never heard of denatured alcohol, usually available in
    pints.

    Peter, Jan 4, 2010
  7. Frank

    Peter Guest

    the sad thing is that you may actually believe that.

    Peter, Jan 4, 2010
  8. Frank

    NameHere Guest

    It's a bit like HIV. Since you don't know who is packing and carrying that
    little surprise (even the carrier doesn't, that's how it spreads), then you
    have to treat everyone as if they have are armed with a deadly weapon. So
    either protect yourself, be responsible for your own choices and actions in
    life, or don't dick around with anyone until you do protect yourself. So
    simple. Self responsibility.

    Concealed weapons laws are designed to confuse the criminal. Luckily I live
    where there are no ordinances whatsoever, as well as a state that hands out
    concealed-weapon licenses like candy. I can even have automatic weapons if
    I want. I found out when I called the sheriff one time to ask him about the
    jehova-witnesses north of me that were practicing with, and stock-piling,
    automatic weapons. (They have that paranoid "end of the world" thing going
    on, just like all christians do and are ready to snap at any moment, just
    like all christian psychotics.) As long as I found out it was legally okay
    for them to have automatic weapons it was quite okay all around. Because
    then it was okay for me too. Since they found out I have the same right
    they no longer knock on my door to bother me to try to change my mind to
    their psychotic beliefs. I had a friend come over with a few of his own
    automatic weapons to practice on my land this summer, just to let the
    psychotic christians know they aren't the only ones so armed. See how nice
    that works?

    "It's a peaceful day in the neighborhood! A peaceful day in the
    neighborhood! Won't you be mine? Won't you be mine? Won't you BEEEEE ....
    my target!"

    NameHere, Jan 4, 2010
  9. Frank

    Peter Guest

    If you follow through you might even win a Darwin award.
    Now let's see which of my beliefs, very few of which you know, would cause
    that effect.

    Peter, Jan 4, 2010
  10. Frank

    NameHere Guest

    Not likely. I also believe in the right to bear arms, of any power. You and
    your kind would be the very first to go. Now who is going to subject
    themselves to Darwinism?

    YOU

    "Live free or DIE!"

    I guess that doesn't mean much to a pathetic control-freak moron like you,
    until you are faced with your own demise. Hopefully you'll learn that
    lesson ... soon enough.

    NameHere, Jan 4, 2010
  11. Frank

    Peter Guest

    Is that a threat?

    Peter, Jan 4, 2010
  12. Frank

    NameHere Guest

    LOL!!! You read New Hampshire's "State Motto" as a threat? Damn, are you
    ever ignorant to what freedom means. Why don't you go and try to
    reconstruct the U.S.S.R. or something. Your kind would be more than
    welcomed there.

    LOL!

    NameHere, Jan 4, 2010
  13. Frank

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Fascists hate liberalism.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 4, 2010
  14. Frank

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Fascists hate liberals like Thomas Jefferson.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 4, 2010
  15. Frank

    tony cooper Guest

    A discriminatory tax taxes only certain users. Cigarette and liquor
    taxes are paid by *everyone* who uses those products, and taxes them
    equally.

    I do smoke and I do purchase liquor, albeit very moderately.
    I skip most of your posts. You rarely have anything interesting to
    add on any subject that interests me. I sample a post of yours here
    and there, and invariably find that you are illogical, uninformed, and
    mistaken.

    tony cooper, Jan 4, 2010
  16. Frank

    tony cooper Guest

    Yes, and gasoline taxes pay for the government's costs in building and
    maintaining roads.
    They don't.

    tony cooper, Jan 4, 2010
  17. My friend, the gut of the bill is to exert federal government control. In
    New York, insurance companies are already prohibited from not covering
    pre-existing condiditons. This bill is only a first step towards the
    single-payer system that the president himself says he in favor of. Did you
    know that there is a provison in the bill that prohibits the Congress from
    amending portions of the bill? We can amend our Constititution but we can't
    amend the health care bill once it is passed?

    Once can only hope that someone will challenge the bill on the
    constitutionality of requiring every citizen to purchase health care
    insurance. It's like a tax on living. For those who will respond that this
    is no different than requiring auto insurance in order to drvie, there is no
    comparison. Driving is a privelege extended to a citizen or legal alien.
    Living is a right, not a privelege extended to us by our governement but
    sometimes I wonder.

    Pete Stavrakoglou, Jan 4, 2010
  18. Frank

    Walter Banks Guest

    The real moral dilemma is when an uninsured person gets sick or
    injured society is unable or unwilling to say you can't afford to
    pay for medical care sorry.

    Once the point has been reached where care will be provided
    to the sick or injured the rules change. Deciding that health care
    will be provided partly decides that it should be paid for by all.
    In the Canadian case it is an employer paid tax on earned
    income.

    There are implications to this approach. Unemployed don't
    pay for health care. Seniors and retired people are not taxed
    for health care on investment income. Premium care basically
    is the difference between a private room and not. The general
    care is very good and is available.

    Walter..

    Walter Banks, Jan 4, 2010
  19. Frank

    Peter Guest

    Taxes also pay the cost of raising the 2 year old you blithely dismiss.

    Peter, Jan 5, 2010
  20. Frank

    Peter Guest

    Not morality. Non-interference with my rights. Selling booze is a privilege,
    not a right. Breathing clean air is a right, not a privilege.

    Peter, Jan 5, 2010