    tony cooper Guest

    Provided that he understands that it benefits him. Many things that
    he objects to do benefit him, but he doesn't see that.

    tony cooper, Jan 7, 2010

  2. Frank

    Peter Guest

    How can that be?
    According to his postings, he is a mega genius. therefore, he must
    understand everything.

    Peter, Jan 7, 2010

  3. Frank

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Because cigarette smoke is poisonous.
    The open air doesn't concentrate snoke.
    The libertarian view seems to be that one's own rights are more
    important than the rights of anybody else.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 8, 2010
  4. Frank

    Chris H Guest

    It is not the bar tender who decides it is the bar owner... The problem
    is the staff. They have rights too. Unless *all* the staff (bar staff,
    cleaners, cloakroom staff, security, kitchen staff, waiters etc and the
    owner want to smoke you can not inflict it on them.

    We discussed this in a private club I attend. As it is private we
    reasoned it was up to us not the law to decide. However the problem is
    not all the staff were smokers. Some would prefer not to work in a smoky
    environment.

    We also have a bar and serve food including meat. Non-alcohol drinkers
    to not have to drink alcohol, vegetarians do not have to eat the meat
    but if people smoke no one gets the choice about inhaling smoke.

    Everyone has equal rights.
    That is the excuse for putting a lot of pollutants into the air. :-(
    The problem is Bill is NOT an American.

    Chris H, Jan 8, 2010
  5. Frank

    Chris H Guest

    Exactly to be an American (or a member of any *society* ) one has to be
    part of that society of people. If you want to be completely
    individual and only have allegiance to your own family and few
    neighbours rather than an imposed state Bill should move to a place
    where they do that sort of thing for example

    Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Africa etc in those areas they work locally
    in village groups without any artificial "country" imposed upon them
    where ever possible.

    They like Bill do not like gays, sex outside wedlock, theft, taxes other
    than local ones etc... of course most are Islamic :)
    We know that but there is no need to tell him...
    SO only Liberals are law makers?

    Chris H, Jan 8, 2010
  6. Frank

    Chris H Guest

    Actually in the parts of the world where they adhere to that sort of
    thing they read the Koran. It is the Christian countries that don't.
    Now that is so stupid it is untrue!!!! "And stop using euphemisms" for
    queer!!!! :))))) ROTFL (a lot)

    Gay and queer are BOTH euphemisms for homosexual.

    BTW it is not a "queer way to act" as it has been quite common for as
    long as anyone can remember (for several millennium before the Bible) in
    most societies. Whether it is approved of or not by the society is
    another matter. Most have approved or tolerated it including Christian
    ones. Ask the Homosexual priests.
    The Bible is
    1 a political document put together by man (council of Niccea and
    subsequent councils where the Church got political* )

    2 called into question as "perverted" by God's next prophet Mohammed

    3 seen as not valid by God's previous faith (Judaism)

    4 God has nothing to do with the Jewish/Christian/Islamic monster.

    5 You presume to know the mind of god so that you can quote "God's Law"?

    That is a matter of opinion. Not seen God comment on it yet. Besides
    if God was Christian don't you think he would have stopped so many
    homosexuals becoming Christian priests? (Or for that matter some many
    pedophiles becoming priests)

    * I have seen first hand, 1100 year old churches where there are "Bible
    stores" carved in to the walls. The trouble is these Bible stories were
    from books later dropped from the Bible... there are a lot of books
    that got dropped and later ones put in. The Bible is no more the work
    of God than a Dan Brown novel.

    Chris H, Jan 8, 2010
  7. Frank

    Walter Banks Guest

    One of the stranger dichotomies is the Democratic governments
    in the the US for the last 40 years or so is that they have been
    more fiscally responsible that Republican governments. The biggest
    republican failure has been that they have failed in many cases to
    fund their spending.

    The US was essentially bankrupt a year ago. GNP was seriously
    down, they were involved in two unfunded wars, revenue was
    lower than the costs of essential services at the local level.
    Infrastructure was being funded lower than the depreciation.
    Private interests were siphoning off about 6% of GNP in
    healthcare "overheads".

    I have rarely heard anyone talk about the real reason that
    the Reagan tax cuts appeared to work. At the time inflation
    was greater than 10%. Reducing tax rates at the same time
    as increasing everyone's income into the next tax bracket was
    a political shell game. At the same time long term debt was
    effectively reduced by the inflation rate. Blue smoke and
    mirrors was the phase at the time

    Walter..

    Walter Banks, Jan 8, 2010
  8. Frank

    Peter Guest

    YOu forgot: "stupid."
    The term applies to all who had different ideas and philosophies.

    Peter, Jan 8, 2010
  9. Frank

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Eliminate the military.
    Only according to irrational bigots.
    Aside from the fact this this country is supposed to be a free country
    and njot the religious dictatorship that you long for, the Bible
    contradicts your bullshit and the Bible says that you should be put to
    death for working on Sunday.
    You damn yourself with such lies.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 8, 2010
  10. Frank

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Over the past several decades it has been the rightards who have spent
    the country into recession.
    Unless it's to benefit "conservatives".
    Hows the recession working out for you?
    Lying about liberals is a favorite pastime of rightard bigots.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 8, 2010
  11. Frank

    Michael J Guest

    On Jan 8, 9:01 am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    "and the Bible says that you should be put to
    Actually the Bible say no such thing nor does the Bible state that
    Sunday is the Sabbath.
    But that said, according to ray, Jews should be killed for working on
    Sunday.

    Michael J, Jan 8, 2010
  12. Frank

    Peter Guest

    The Bush administration was never a true conservative regime. It used the
    conservatives and religious right as an excuse to line their pockets and
    those of their buddies. Extreme left does not work and leads to a tyranny of
    the left, as proved in the now defunct Soviet Union. A tyranny of the right
    needs no further example. It was only after China started to move to the
    right that it moved into the position it is now in. The major problem with
    labeling and pigeonholing is that it allows for no middle ground. There are
    times when the government has an obligation to step in and times when it
    should just let businesses sort things out. The lack of restrictions on
    giving the bailout funds is an example of what happens when the government
    steps in and gives business carte blanche. If I were the CEO of any of those
    banks, I probably would have done the same thing. If anyone here says any
    thing to the contrary, I truly question their veracity. I see no clear line
    when government should and should not act. Indeed, to be truly effective the
    line must be flexible. The cry that government is taking over our lives when
    it steps in on the health care bill, is patently false. the Sara Palins of
    this world have no conscience when they promote such lies as the bill
    includes "death panels." I wonder why she promotes those lies. In her case
    it may just be stupidity.
    </end mini rant>

    Peter, Jan 8, 2010
  13. Frank

    tony cooper Guest

    You keep whinging on about the perceived infringement of "property
    rights". There are legal limitations on all property rights.

    You own a house? Your property? Try adding a room without applying
    for permits or meeting local codes. Try turning your garage into a
    store without checking on the zoning laws. Try putting up a windmill
    in your front yard so the power company doesn't steal your money. Try
    opening a gun range in your back yard. Lord help you if your house is
    in an area with a Homeowner's Association. They can tell you what
    color your house has to be and whether or not you can park your boat
    in your own driveway.

    California doesn't make any laws. California legislators initiate
    laws, and they are people that you elect.

    tony cooper, Jan 8, 2010
  14. Frank

    Peter Guest

    I hope you enjoyed your last word. You obviously have not read both the
    Senate and House bills. You also obviously have not looked at the statistics
    as to the number of lives that can be saved, or made significantly better if
    the bill, even in its watered down form is passed.

    Peter, Jan 8, 2010
  15. Frank

    Peter Guest

    I am going to purchase the property on either side of your bar. On one side
    I will manufacture fireworks on half the property and distill gasoline on
    the other half. On the other side of your bar I will open a chemical
    producing plant. Then I will fully insure both my properties, hope for the
    best and retire on the insurance proceeds. If folks are killed in your
    bar, - screw them. They could have gone to a different bar.

    Peter, Jan 8, 2010
  16. Frank

    Peter Guest

    I simply carried his own argument to its dryly logical extreme.

    Peter, Jan 9, 2010
  17. Frank

    tony cooper Guest

    But you can't understand that most of the people who fail to see your
    point, or agree with your point, are not liberals at all.

    The word "liberals", to you, is a catch-all phrase that includes
    anyone who doesn't agree with you.

    tony cooper, Jan 9, 2010
  18. Frank

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Stupid dumbshit.
    Another lie.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 9, 2010
  19. Frank

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Why should there be any zoning laws, hypocrite? Don't people have the
    right to do as they please with thier own private property?
    That's because libertarians only believe in rights for themselves and
    not for others.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 9, 2010
  20. Frank

    Chris H Guest

    Nope wrong again... (as usual) Not in Europe (or for that matter
    anywhere else I know of.
    This is true but in Europe they do their best. They keep you alive as
    long as possible.
    This is true but it is not repeat NOT due to financial constraints. In
    Europe it is usually the relatives who say "enough is enough" time to
    turn off the machines as it is pointless to continue. This is when the
    loved one is in pain with no hope of recovery or in a complete
    vegetative state etc.

    Chris H, Jan 9, 2010