Wiki info may be incomplete, anonymous cowardice

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Frank, Dec 28, 2009.

  1. Frank

    Peter Guest

    First: I want to wish you and your family a happy and healthy new year.
    Next. I agree that the so called non-amendment clause would be invalid, if
    it meant that at no time in the future could the bill be amended. I
    certainly would not dwell on that issue.
    I doubt that any rational person thinks some reformation of our health care
    system is not needed. I think there is something radically wrong when a
    persons life savings can be wiped out if they get sick. there is something
    radically wrong when I can purchase prescription drugs in Canada for less
    than my insurance co-pay. (Sadly that is not addressed in any version of
    this bill.)
    There is something radically wrong when doctors are forced to practice
    defensive medicine.
    There is something radically wrong when Medicare payments limit the annual
    amount of rehabilitation in an out patient facility, regardless of medical
    need and regardless of whether the rehab is required as a result of
    different incidents.
    there is something insane where insurance companies won't cover needed
    diagnostic procedures, but would rather let you get sicker, until they have
    to pay more for the cure.
    Should insurance companies or medical professionals dictate our medication
    and the type of medical care we receive.

    I agree that neither the House nor Senate bills are anyplace near perfect.
    but the basic concept of universal health coverage is important. Look at the
    facts in other countries. We spend more and receive less value than the vast
    majority of third world countries.
    My biggest beef with both bills is that neither addresses price negotiation
    or abusive practice law suits.

    BTW it is not true that neither bill can be amended. What you are referring
    to is that there is a prohibitation against tacking on a pork package to the
    bill.

    Peter, Jan 5, 2010

  2. Frank

    tony cooper Guest

    Your reading comprehension and retention is on par with your logic.
    I've been pointing out your illogical premises all during the year.

    tony cooper, Jan 5, 2010

  3. Frank

    Peter Guest

    I see no further point in continuing this. It's sad that you are so bitter.
    There must be little joy in your life.

    Peter, Jan 5, 2010
  4. Frank

    Peter Guest

    Please note my use of the word "rational."

    Peter, Jan 5, 2010
  5. Frank

    Rol_Lei Nut Guest

    Look up "strilization", "eugenics" and "euthanasia" in a good
    encyclopaedia (as, like everything else, you probably don't have a clue
    what they mean).
    Also, notice where they were widely applied in order to solve the
    "problem" you cite.

    As I've pointed out many times, almost all of your "ideology" would be
    completely at home in Italy, Germany and spain in the late 1930's....

    Rol_Lei Nut, Jan 5, 2010
  6. Frank

    Rol_Lei Nut Guest

    Oops... My excuses to Spain: While a bloody dictatorship, they didn't
    indulge in the three things I listed.

    Rol_Lei Nut, Jan 5, 2010
  7. Frank

    NameHere Guest

    Next he'll be claiming that it's his RIGHT to breathe the clean air in a
    bank's vault after hours with the law-required right-to-privacy and
    accessible exits available at all times.

    NameHere, Jan 5, 2010
  8. Frank

    Walter Banks Guest

    There is another side to this as well. The ant says I now have all the food
    and it is a sellers market to the grasshopper so pay or die. The company
    with 51% of the insulin production tells the other three companies doing the
    same thing that either sell out or or I will drop the price of insulin below
    production costs and put you out of business at the same time as building
    more production capacity to meet the ever increasing market share. The
    competing companies say selling will be better than nothing and doing so
    will provide production facilities thereby making insulin production
    dominated by a single production company with a 89% dominate market
    share. The shareholders wanting a greater return on investment double
    the price of insulin in a sellers market.

    w..

    Walter Banks, Jan 5, 2010
  9. Frank

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Fascists hate liberalism.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 5, 2010
  10. Frank

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Jefferson was a flaming liberal, amd stood for everything that you
    hate.
    Then what are you? You hate everything America stands for.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 5, 2010
  11. Frank

    Peter Guest

    I ended this earlier, but can't resist pointing out that your constant name
    calling clearly shows the shallowness of your argument.

    Peter, Jan 5, 2010
  12. Frank

    tony cooper Guest

    The man made the decision to open a bar fully cognizant of the fact
    that he would be subject to the laws governing the operation of a bar.
    There are myriad laws determining what he can and cannot do.

    He can't serve minors. His opening an closing times are restricted by
    the law. The law determines what type of entertainment he can offer.
    The law deals with noise levels, food service, and even the type of
    signs he can use to advertise his business.

    He was also aware that new laws could be passed that would further
    restrict him. He assumed the risk. There's no unfairness involved.

    You claim that "liberals" are at fault here. However, every bar in
    every city and state in the US is subject to laws that restrict what
    the owner can and cannot do. If the bar owner wanted to increase
    business by providing nude dancers as entertainment, it would be the
    conservatives who would be slamming the lid down on him.

    tony cooper, Jan 6, 2010
  13. Frank

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Just because you're a crazy bigot doesn't mean that Jefferson wasn't a
    liberal.
    The fascist goes off on another one of his screeching rants.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 6, 2010
  14. Frank

    Peter Guest

    The man is a libertarian, not a conservative. He thrives by calling all who
    disagree with his lack of logic, the equivalent of a stupid liberal.
    I take that statement from him as a badge of honor. Although, in most
    business matters I am considered somewhat conservative.

    Peter, Jan 7, 2010
  15. Frank

    Peter Guest

    Just when did I ever say that?
    Don't you ever dare misquote me. Your postings are that of a selfish, self
    centered who has no regards for the rights of others. I would never equate
    you with a true libertarian. True libertarians have enormous feelings for
    the rights of others.
    OTOH you refuse to give up one of your perceived rights, to accommodate the
    rights of others. What a sad life you must lead. You may have the last word
    as I will not reply. There is no need to and quite frankly, you bore me.

    Peter, Jan 7, 2010
  16. Frank

    tony cooper Guest

    I don't think he's a libertarian. He's an anti-establishmentarian.
    He objects to everything.

    tony cooper, Jan 7, 2010
  17. Frank

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Interesting that you rightard bigots need to lie about liberals.

    It's a simple fact that fascists hate liberalism.
    Anti-abortion, anti-gay-marriage, anti-religious freedom, anti-civil
    rights, pro-censorship, pro-government control.

    Those are all the "conservative" agenda of civil repression.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 7, 2010
  18. Frank

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Just because you're a stupid rightard doesn't mean that Jefferson was
    goose-stepping control freak like you.
    The usual rightard's ability to think.
    Your God and your guns for force people to obey your god.
    Reagan promoted terrorism.
    Liberty.

    Ray Fischer, Jan 7, 2010
  19. Frank