    very obvious?)

    Cheers,

    Chris

    Chris Burson, Nov 17, 2005

  2. Chris Burson

    GTS Guest

    Yes, but when you chain a router to another router, it has to be properly
    configure. See "How do I use a Wireless Cable/DSL Router as a Switch with
    an Access Point (or a Wired Router as a passive Switch)?" at
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html for details.

    GTS, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Chris Burson

    Chris Burson Guest

    A-ha! That's exactly what I was looking for (and failing to find).

    Many, many thanks, GTS,

    Chris

    "GTS" <x> wrote in message
    :
    : Yes, but when you chain a router to another router, it has to be properly
    : configure. See "How do I use a Wireless Cable/DSL Router as a Switch with
    : an Access Point (or a Wired Router as a passive Switch)?" at
    : http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html for details.
    : --
    :
    :
    : > I'm asking this on behalf of my brother... no, I am. He's living in
    France
    : > at the moment and doesn't have time for such things as Usenet ("... four
    : > hundred children and a crop in the field...").
    : >
    : > He's renting a house next door to his landlord. The landlord has a
    : > broadband
    : > router with one port - via a very long cable! - offering a broadband
    : > connection to my brother in the next house. Since my brother & his wife
    : > both have computers, and he has an Xbox too, is it possible to just
    attach
    : > a
    : > WiFi router to the 'loose' cable to connect all three units? Or am I a
    : > sad,
    : > ignorant pillock? (Note that I've spent several hours searching Windows
    XP
    : > Special Edition, MS websites and the MVPs sites - have I missed
    something
    : > very obvious?)
    : >
    : > Cheers,