    does not respond to the key. I can not log onto the network. Perchance have
    I altered the key? How can I retrieve the key or repair the functionality of
    my system?

    Guest, May 12, 2007

  2. Hi
    The deciding encryption key is in the Wireless Router.
    Log to the Router make a new key, and type this key into your wireless
    devices.
    How? It depends on the make and model, you need to read the instructions
    that are written in your devices' manuals.
    In general
    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    MAC
    WEP
    WPA-PSK
    WPA-AES
    WPA2
    Computers Card) should state the type of security that is available with
    your Wireless hardware.
    phrase.
    of one of the Wireless devices.
    device with a better one.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 12, 2007

  3. Guest

    Jim Guest

    In addition, you need to understand that it can be quite difficult to get
    the key on the computer to match the one on the router. There are lots of
    characters to get wrong and being wrong on just one will cause your problem.

    My suggestion is to leave the router alone and get the key on the computer
    to match the one on the router. After that, leave both of them alone.

    Jim

    Jim, May 12, 2007
  4. Hi
    Hmm.. Copy and Paste might help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 12, 2007
  5. Guest

    BruceM Guest

    re-reading the OP's post, I'd say WZC has taken over? Can't change by
    itself?

    BruceM, May 13, 2007
  6. Guest

    Jim Guest

    The only problem with cut and paste is that you would need to cut on the
    router and paste on the laptop. As the two will not connect, one might run
    into a slight difficulty.

    I succeeded after three tries.

    Jim

    Jim, May 13, 2007