    distance than if you had just one router. If so, what kind of WIFI
    router can do this and does it take much to set up.

    TIA

    gamma, Jan 20, 2010

  2. gamma

    PeeCee Guest

    WiFi Repeater
    http://www.wifirepeater.org/

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jan 20, 2010

  3. gamma

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs PeeCee wrote:

    [snip all]

    Hi Paul, just curious as I found my old business card 'album' the other
    day....

    Did you ever have a computer shop at Waiuku? (Closed down long ago.)

    Hope you're well.

    ~misfit~, Jan 20, 2010
  4. gamma

    victor Guest

    WDS
    Apple support it really well out of the box.

    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2044
    There are some other options that I use with Linksys and Asus routers.
    http://www.myopenrouter.com/blog/entry/10354/Configure-WDS-with-Tomato-Firmware/
    http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060609053254368

    victor, Jan 20, 2010
  5. gamma

    PeeCee Guest

    Hi Shaun

    Sorry, no.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jan 20, 2010
  6. gamma

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Hi Paul.

    Yeah, it was a long-shot anyway. The guy I'm thinking of was a really
    helpful fellow (as are you...) and more than fair too.

    This was back in the days before I was confident enough to dive into a
    computer that had cost me nearly $5K myself. I had a 486DX-2/66 that he'd
    already upgraded to a 'multimedia machine' for me by fitting a CD-ROM (2x)
    and soundcard. He was good, he'd do it while I waited and also let me watch
    (giving me the confidence to do it myself later). When I took it in to get
    the RAM upgraded from 4MB to 8MB, for some reason, after he fitted the new
    RAM it simply refused to boot (on his bench).

    He hadn't used undue force and it was a mystery. He re-fitted the original 2
    x 2MB modules and still no-go. He tried cleaning the slots with CO cleaner
    but it was dead.

    He apologised profusely, asked if I had half an hour and when I said yes
    gave me a cup of coffee. He then proceeded to replace my 486 mobo, CPU and
    RAM with a Socket 7 board, a Cyrix '586' CPU and 16MB of 72-pin RAM free of
    charge! That's what I call service. I bought all my computer stuff from him
    but I guess business wasn't brisk enough in Waiuku. The shop closed down in
    the late 90s.

    Anyway, cheers.

    ~misfit~, Jan 21, 2010