    via a wireless to the DSL gateway.

    Thanks in advance.

    Christopher

    Christopher Flores, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Christopher Flores

    Martin² Guest

    Don't think there are any, but you can get wifi VoIP phones like Zyxel
    2000W, Sipura (and Cisco -very expensive).
    You can take them with you and use anywhere you can connect via wifi.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jan 6, 2005

  3. Christopher Flores

    p Guest

    WiSIP Phone might do the trick.

    http://www.pulverinnovations.com/index_wisip.html

    The WiSIPTM Mobile IP Phone is a next generation intelligent IP Communications
    device which adds SIP based VoIP communications together with WiFi
    installations. The WiSIP phone has been optimized for use with Free World
    Dialup. It can also be used with SIP based IP-PBXs.

    p, Jan 6, 2005
  4. Christopher Flores

    p Guest

    [This is a FORWARDED MESSAGE from comp.dcom.telecom]

    LAS VEGAS (Reuters) - Vonage, the U.S. pioneer of low-cost phone
    service over Internet broadband connections, on Tuesday said it was
    working with a phone maker to offer a "Wi-Fi" handset for subscribers
    to use at home or around town.

    The Edison, New Jersey-based company said it had partnered with
    UTStarcom, a diversified maker of telecommunications equipment based
    in Alameda, California, to introduce a portable Wi-Fi handset in the
    spring or summer.

    In a series of announcements timed ahead of the Consumer Electronics
    Show conference here this week, Vonage unveiled plans for the wireless
    phone, a separate cordless model, and to make these phones available
    broadly through retailers.

    The new Wi-Fi handset, to be known as the F-1000, would be designed to
    work with Vonage phone service out of the box for U.S. subscribers.
    The phones would take advantage of local radio airwaves on the most
    mainstream of Wi-Fi standards -- the so-called "B" standard.

    The Wi-Fi handset can act as a replacement to traditional fixed-line
    phones that a subscriber might have around the house. It can also work
    when it is within range of any nearby Wi-Fi hotspot out of the house,
    according to UTStarcom.

    Separately, Vonage said it had agreed to a partnership with phone
    maker VTech (0303.HK), one of North America's largest suppliers of
    conventional phones, to create a cordless phone system that runs on
    Vonage's broadband service.

    The product is based on Texas Instruments Inc.'s VoIP chipset, and
    will be available at more than 8,000 U.S. retail locations during the
    spring/summer of 2005. The phone plugs directly into a customer's
    broadband Internet connection.

    NOTE: For more telecom/internet/networking/computer news from the daily
    media, check out our feature 'Telecom Digest Extra' each day at
    http://telecom-digest.org/td-extra . New articles daily.

    *** FAIR USE NOTICE. This message contains copyrighted material the
    use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright
    owner. This Internet discussion group is making it available without
    profit to group members who have expressed a prior interest in
    receiving the included information in their efforts to advance the
    understanding of literary, educational, political, and economic
    issues, for non-profit research and educational purposes only. I
    believe that this constitutes a 'fair use' of the copyrighted material
    as provided for in section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Law. If you wish
    to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go
    beyond 'fair use,' you must obtain permission from the copyright
    owner, in this instance Reuters News Service.

    For more information go to:

    p, Jan 6, 2005
  5. Christopher Flores

    Martin² Guest

    Martin², Jan 7, 2005
  6. Christopher Flores

    m Guest

    You should be able to use any phone you want

    Last thing you would want is to be stuck to muilti monopoly Vontage

    If your connected wirelessly you have 3 options.. the one your pursuing
    (wiFi phone) or you could get a access point router that has 4 ports
    just plug in your stuff.. or

    If you are connected with some form of wifi to your computer and you
    have a network jack free (example you are using your internet through
    usb) you could use the windows networking built into XP pro (dunno
    about home) and buy a crossover cable and plug in your phone to that.

    It would just switch though that.

    i got a router hooked up with a regular cable to my computer that
    gets its internet from a usb wireless adabtor. and I can hook othere
    devices into it.. I set my computer as the gate way.

    If you are not running xp pro and have something eles you could also run
    sygate or some proxy gateway software.

    and if you get your net (internet0 from a modem that converts it to
    ethernet and that is what you plug into your computer you might want to
    note there are a good lot of ip phones that have a basic simple switch
    built right into them. that allow you to plug your internet into your
    phone and then your computer into the phone and all be online.

    i know the cheep grandstreams, snom phones (linux they rock) and plenty
    of othere ip phones have this feature.

    And of course what about a usb phone..
    I yet to find one for linux .. some please make one soon.. windows is
    just wrong..

    m.

    m, Jan 7, 2005
  7. Christopher Flores

    p Guest

    I'm sorry, I'm not sure. You might want to contact Pulver directly.

    p, Jan 8, 2005
  8. Christopher Flores

    Paul Guest

    If you must have a WIFI ATA (for whatever reason) then grab a simple
    wireless bridge.
    Something like the linksys WET11 should do fine.

    -Paul

    Paul, Jan 8, 2005