WiFi (ad hoc) network doesn't restore after night of logoff

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Oct 12, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Situation:
    I've established WiFi peer-to-peer (ad hoc) network between P4-1800 desktop
    (using ASUS WL-138g PCI adapter) and Compaq EVO N1015v laptop (using Compaq
    Wireless LAN Multiport W200 built-in). Both are running WinXP SP2 with last
    drivers for the network adapters installed. The network shares ADSL internet
    connection, so the desktop WiFi connection is configured as a DHCP-server and
    the laptop one obtains its configuration dynamically.

    Problem:
    I work (really) on the laptop on evenings and close its lid once go to
    sleep. Next morning I open the laptop, but WiFi doesn't connect. I checked
    the desktop that always stays online: the same. None can find no wireless
    network available. So I forced to restart the desktop and after that the
    network restores. Is it possible to fix this issue and don't restart the
    desktop each given morning?

    Please help me (or say something encouraging...)

    Appendix:
    I've got "Enable IEEE 802.1x..." checkbox clear (and its tab is disabled) on
    both ends.

    Guest, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Many times this symptom is caused by old versions of network adapters. You
    might try checking to make sure that you have the most recent drivers.

    Thx

    Brandy Griffin [MSFT], Oct 14, 2004