    the wide screen? Would graphics display correctly or would I have bars
    on the sides like with a wide screen TV?

    Sharon

    sharonf, Sep 4, 2005

  2. sharonf wrote:
    > I am looking at two 20 inch monitors. One is a wide screen. My question
    > is this: What kind of display considerations should I be aware of with
    > the wide screen? Would graphics display correctly or would I have bars
    > on the sides like with a wide screen TV?

    No, but your image would be somewhat distorted if you don't choose a
    resolution to match the screen aspect ratio. For instance instead of
    1024x768 you could choose 1280x768.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 4, 2005

  3. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > sharonf wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking at two 20 inch monitors. One is a wide screen. My
    >> question is this: What kind of display considerations should I be
    >> aware of with the wide screen? Would graphics display correctly or
    >> would I have bars on the sides like with a wide screen TV?

    > No, but your image would be somewhat distorted if you don't choose a
    > resolution to match the screen aspect ratio. For instance instead of
    > 1024x768 you could choose 1280x768.

    Thanks for the reply. Would the type of video card I use be a
    consideration too?

    Sharon

    sharonf, Sep 4, 2005
  4. sharonf wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >> sharonf wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am looking at two 20 inch monitors. One is a wide screen. My
    >>> question is this: What kind of display considerations should I be
    >>> aware of with the wide screen? Would graphics display correctly or
    >>> would I have bars on the sides like with a wide screen TV?

    >> No, but your image would be somewhat distorted if you don't choose a
    >> resolution to match the screen aspect ratio. For instance instead of
    >> 1024x768 you could choose 1280x768.

    > Thanks for the reply. Would the type of video card I use be a
    > consideration too?

    Yes, not all cards have the wide aspect resolutions as choices. Most of
    the more recent ones do, especially if they're a decent brand name.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 4, 2005