    Was wondering if my Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 would support the scaling
    necessary to use a widescreen monitor. Thanks,
    Solar^

    Solar^, Nov 11, 2006

  2. Do we have issues with the words "scaling" vs. "resolution"?

    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?act=idx

    Is your nVidia GeForce4 MX 440 installed now? If so, right-click on
    your desktop > Properties > "Settings" tab > "Screen Resolution"
    sliding thangy-bob > just push it all the way to the right.

    Does it say 1280 by 1024 pixels?
    Now, bump it back to the left just a little...
    Does it say 1280 by 960 pixels? Now, back a little more...
    1280 by 768 pixels? <<===
    1280 x 720 pixels? <<===
    And then 1152 by 864 pixels?
    1024 x 768; 800 x 600?

    See the resolutions with the <<=== next to them?

    If you have a grapics viewer/editor, like IrfanView, just find any
    handy image file, perhaps one @ 800x600 would provide some future
    insight and numerous more things to wonder about, (o; ; and resize it
    (but you don't need to 'save', or 'save as') possibly making sure the
    "preserve aspect ratio" option is deselected. It will distort the
    picture, but show you the wide-screen options which are available with
    your graphics card.

    You know you can goto "Advanced" button > "GeForce4 MX 440" tab >
    Screen Adjustment link on the pop-out menu and fine tune the monitor's
    centering? Might come in handy when you set up your wide-screen
    monitor.

    Best regards.

    --

    Some folks say it was a "miracle!"

    Saint Christopher suddenly appeared and
    knocked the next pitch clean over the fence.

    But I believe it was just a lucky swing.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 11, 2006

  3. Solar^

    Solar^ Guest

    Thanks for the rather esoteric reply,
    What I need to know is whether the card will scale the image to the
    proper proportions instead of just expanding it to fit the wide
    screen.
    Thanks

    Solar^, Nov 11, 2006
  4. Bucky Breeder provided some stuff in

    This is free and full of considerations and observations:

    Here's your rather "non-esoteric" reply: It all depends.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 11, 2006
  5. Solar^

    doS Guest

    200.00 monitor and a 25.00 graphics card...unreal

    doS, Nov 11, 2006

  6. Word! (; But then again, I learned to drive on a $5 used bicycle -
    and on deep reflection, likely a financial risk which made my father
    very happy, seeing as it was one bent-up mass of scratches covered
    with clay by the time it took both my parents to drag me screaming
    and kicking away from it.

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 11, 2006