    you want to spend and accomplish, but I would appreciate some ideas of what
    to watch out for, or what printers the group feels offers good value for the
    $$.

    skaplan, Dec 12, 2003

  2. skaplan

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "skaplan"
    As you probably know there are some very good 13x19" inkjets available right
    now, including the Epson 2200, Canon i9100 and Epson 1280. These do a nice job
    and are "good value for the $$".

    Then there are the Epson 7600 (24" wide) and 9600 (44" wide), which very
    popular with professionals for their print quality and print longevity (use
    same inks as 2200). These sell for roughly $3,000 and $5,000 ... "good value
    for the $$" if you're a pro selling a lot of prints but only a highly dedicated
    affluent amateur would think so.

    Epson also announced a 17" wide pro model, the 4000, due to ship in the US in
    January, but there's already a several month backlog on this one so it appears
    it will be very popular. Suggested retail is around $1,800. You mentioned
    17x24" ... this print takes cut sheets 17x22", which means you can do 16x20's
    with borders for mounting, but you'll need to use the roll papers to go 17x24".

    HP makes some wide format printers, as do others, but Epson seems to be the
    market leader by a wide margin.

    Here are some links.

    http://www.inkjetart.com/4000/index.html
    http://www.inkjetart.com/pro/7600_9600/
    http://www.inkjetart.com/EpsonStylusPhoto2200/index.html
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/Epson2200.shtml
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/s9000.shtml

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Dec 12, 2003

  3. skaplan

    skaplan Guest

    Great info, I will start doing some homework. thanks!

    skaplan, Dec 12, 2003
  4. skaplan

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "skaplan"
    Even as we speak the first Epson 4000 preliminary reviews are starting to
    appear on the net

    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/epson-4000.shtml ...

    Based on your target print size of 17x24" mentioned in your first post this one
    might be your the best bet?

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Dec 12, 2003
  5. skaplan

    skaplan Guest

    Impressive printer. I think you have done my research for me. I plan to
    check around for availability and price. Thanks again!

    skaplan, Dec 12, 2003
  6. skaplan

    Don Stauffer Guest

    I recently purchased a Canon S9000. They are closing them out since it
    is being replaced by the i9100. There are some still left in the store
    I bought mine, and they are going pretty cheap.

    I am quite satisfied with mine so far.

    Don Stauffer, Dec 13, 2003
  7. skaplan

    Mike S Guest

    I just bought the S9000 myself. $256 shipped to the door. Wide carriage,
    photo quality, multiple ink cartridges and very fast. Great value.

    Mike S, Dec 14, 2003
  8. Yeah I just saw in last Thursday's L A Times that Samy's and Belair
    Camera in L A had it for 199$. I called asking if it was a misprint
    and they assured me it was for real. I may buy it to go along with my
    s900 which I am very happy with.
    Bill Mcdonald in Joshua Tree.
    Olympus E-10, Olympus IS-3 DLX.
    Vivitar V3800N.