    a thing exists). Thank you all in advance.

    Best regards,

    Alan D.

    Alander, Jul 11, 2006

  2. Alander

    Paul Burdett Guest

    Paul Burdett, Jul 11, 2006

  3. Alander

    tomm42 Guest

    Tokina makes a prime 17mm f3.5, a very nice lens but not 58mm (72 or
    77mm, 2 versions). Maybe worth getting this lens $350 the last new
    price I had or $2-300 used. Then pick up a 72/77mm filter.
    This lens has a strange design where they probably could have made it
    with a smaller barrel. It is a full frame lens and the smaller barrel
    would have induced filter cut off, and they were safe with the big
    filters.

    Tom

    tomm42, Jul 11, 2006
  4. Alander

    bugbear Guest

    With digi, you can just put the filter effects on retrospectively.

    This also allows you to try many filters, different grads,
    on a single source image.

    And saves the cost of a new lens.

    BugBear

    bugbear, Jul 12, 2006
  5. Alander

    J. Clarke Guest

    Uh huh. Sure. Photoshop does not replace a polarizer or a neutral density
    filter.

    If you think it does then you don't understand what either of them does.

    J. Clarke, Jul 12, 2006
  6. Alander

    Jimbo Guest

    All I do all my shopping online here:

    http://www.keh.com/onlinestore/CookiesInstructions.aspx

    And I always buy used - way cheaper - thay have new and used and the
    used is in greta to poor condition with the prices marked accordingly -
    they're not in the business to screw customers over - I ordered a
    camera backpack once - was way too small - they paid for the retun
    shipping. They are in Atlanta GA I think.

    Jim

    Jimbo, Jul 12, 2006
  7. Alander

    AaronW Guest