    Even though there are hundreds of digital cameras to choose from, it is hard
    to find what I want. I wish digital cameras can be customized like ordering
    a PC.

    peter, Dec 19, 2004

  2. peter

    dj_nme Guest

    Perhaps a Minlota Diamge 7 would be a contender?
    28-200mm (35mm equivalent) lens and uses 4 AA batteries.
    It also has a ton of features that make it almost as versatile as a true
    dslr.
    Second-hand off eBay would be the way to go.

    dj_nme, Dec 19, 2004

  3. peter

    David Wright Guest

    If you are prepared to compromise slightly on the 28mm requirement you
    could purchase a used Kodak DC-280 which has a 30-60mm 2x zoom and runs
    on 4x AA. These cameras are 2Megapix but got good reviews for image
    quality and are now relatively inexpensive.

    David Wright, Dec 19, 2004
  4. peter

    Juhani Guest

  5. peter

    Juhani Guest

  6. peter

    bob Guest

    Coolpix 5000, with the accessory AA battery holder -- The 6 AA cells will
    power the thing all day, it seems. Add the accessory lens, and the field of
    veiw becomes equiv to 18mm or so.

    Bob

    bob, Dec 19, 2004