    experience with something similar that might be able to help.

    Thanks

    Robert

    Robert B. Phillips II, Nov 8, 2004

  2. If your modem gets into a state where you have to power cycle
    it to get it to start working again, then that would be a modem
    bug, albeit one that may be triggered by some unusual line event.

    As far as I know, the WIC-AM modems don't have such a bug (which
    is not to say that they have no bugs in other areas.) In any case,
    you can use the command "clear modem <slot>/<port>" which
    should do a reasonably thorough job of reinitializing the WIC-1AM.

    Regards,

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Group,
    ~ Quick question. We are going to implement WIC-1AM modules in some
    ~ 2620XM routers for dial-in (i.e. dial-in for router maintenance if the
    ~ WAN/Frame is down). My question is, we have some problems with some of
    ~ our phonelines and sometimes with the external modems we are
    ~ implementing now we have to reboot the modem to clear the line, we
    ~ believe it has to do with the line itself although the telco swears
    ~ it's ok. Anyhow, my question, once we have it implemented will we be
    ~ able to reinitialize the WIC card or have some way in the software to
    ~ clear the line? I have been looking at Cisco docs today and have not
    ~ found anything definitive, hoping maybe someone out here has some
    ~ experience with something similar that might be able to help.
    ~
    ~ Thanks
    ~
    ~ Robert

    Aaron Leonard, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Aaron,
    Your post reassures me of our choice to implement the WIC-1AMs and
    thanks for confirming that the "clear modem" command does indeed
    reinitialize the WIC.

    Thank you for your help.

    -Robert

    Robert B. Phillips, II, Nov 9, 2004