    <http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/>, which seems pretty good
    but was wondering if anything better is out there.

    Thanks.

    tb, Feb 14, 2013

  2. tb

    Rickroll Guest

    I don't use a PC based anaylzer - I have found one that runs on Android
    phones, and it is very good. I originally acquied it for my phone to
    find networks I could use while out and moving around, but soon found
    that it was a very useful tool around the home network because of its
    portability - why carry around a laptop, when a handheld device does
    the samething, but less bulky, etc.

    It's called WiFi Analyzer from Google Play and its free.

    Rickroll, Feb 14, 2013

  3. tb

    tb Guest

    I heard about it. Unfortunately, I one of those (few) who still don't
    have a smartphone...

    tb, Feb 14, 2013
  4. tb

    Ant Guest

    Same here. Not even a cell(ular) phone.

    --
    "Where the sugar is, there will the ant be also." --Philippines
    | |o o| |

    Ant, Feb 17, 2013
  5. tb

    remixedcat

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2012
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    NetSurveyor is a good one as well

    remixedcat, Feb 18, 2013
  6. tb

    bangaloredatacom

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    bangalore
    Through NetStumbler , Vistumbler , inSSIDer etc..You'll be able see all the nearby wireless access points and their details, including channels, signal levels, and MAC address.

    bangaloredatacom, Feb 22, 2013