    Thanks,

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Mar 2, 2004

  2. A firewall will protect you against unwanted network traffic such as
    port scans, hack attacks, messenger spam etc. Neither AVG nor window
    washer provides this functionality.

    Anyone with a fixed connection such as cable or dsl needs one, dialup
    users should seriously consider getting one.

    Jeroen Wijnands, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Emrys Davies

    trout Guest

    The firewall will have no effect on cookies.

    trout, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Emrys Davies

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, trout mused:

    | The firewall will have no effect on cookies.

    Save for those that have cookie controls. ;-)

    mhicaoidh, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Emrys Davies

    trout Guest

    Hence, the "the", instead of an "a".

    trout, Mar 2, 2004
  6. Outpost is a very good firewall that is rules based and application
    based and *does* filter cookies, javascript, pop ups, ads, and more. It
    also allows you to override individual sites as needed. WORKS GREAT!
    Agnitum and Outpost typed into your favorite search engine will get it.

    Wyatt M. Portendt, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Emrys Davies

    Emrys Davies Guest

    Thanks everyone. I now have Zone Alarm firewall installed.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Mar 4, 2004