    on Google.
    Try it and tell my why every page in the top ten or twenty takes you to the
    same place.

    Nottoman, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Nottoman

    Harry Balz Guest

    Thats because that place is 20 times better than all the others.

    Harry

    Harry Balz, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Someone is trying *really* hard to sell you some anti-spyware shit. If
    you'll notice, there's nothing on the pages showing that has anything to
    do with stain removal. They've loaded pages up with everything they can
    to lead Google to the pages that try to sell you their spyware crap.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Nottoman

    WormWood Guest

    That's weird, yes but a good place to read about spyware....heh

    WormWood, Jan 5, 2005
  5. Nottoman

    Pennywise Guest

    |> This is really weird. I use Google all the time and I was searching for a
    |> product called Ammodex which is listed on the Sanford pen site (as in
    |> Sharpie) as the Best ink remover ever. They talk about it under Stain
    |> removal and just give a direct number to order it from the company. Well,
    |> I'm a web guy and just KNOW I can find a supplier online so I search for it
    |> on Google.
    |> Try it and tell my why every page in the top ten or twenty takes you to the
    |> same place.

    Should try it with a HOSTS file, you just get a lot of blank pages :)

    Pennywise, Jan 5, 2005
  6. Yep. Crappy Spyware scam marketers. Going to Alta Vista
    (http://www.av.com) brings up totally relevant results from the top.

    Shane Matthews, Jan 5, 2005
  7. Nottoman

    Nottoman Guest

    Just trying to educate myself here...
    So why does AltaVista (previously my search engine of choice) give relevant
    results and not Google??

    Nottoman, Jan 5, 2005
  8. Nottoman

    Richard Guest

    This smells like a troll post to me.

    Richard, Jan 5, 2005
  9. Nottoman

    xhead Guest

    why does anything get first listing? $$$$$$ pay ads always get first shot...

    xhead, Jan 5, 2005
  10. Why? The point the original poster made was totally valid. Searching
    for an ink stain removal product by name in Google brings up a load of
    totally irrelevant results, the top 10 of which lead to scam spyware
    sites. Using the same query at Altavista brings up totally relevant
    results from the start.

    Shane Matthews, Jan 5, 2005
  11. Nottoman

    Richard Guest

    Precisely. So was my question and he posted "troll alert" crap.
    Just giving back a little.

    Richard, Jan 5, 2005
  12. Nottoman

    joevan Guest

    That explains a lot. Thanks. Had a few blanks when attempting to check
    out some bogus pages to show a friend what some people try to pull.

    joevan, Jan 5, 2005
  13. Nottoman

    Smoker Guest

    I was looking for a pair of Frye boots a couple years ago. There's
    competition and I want the best deal. But I swear, in the first 200 or so
    pages of Google listings, it's the same damn store all the time. They must
    have bought a gazillion domain names, make different pages with links on
    them leading to the same main site and to get listed well with Google know
    exactly how to set a page up as well as the meta tags you don't see. Really
    exasperating but what are you going to do? And they were the highest priced,
    of course.

    Smoker, Jan 5, 2005
  14. Nottoman

    Nottoman Guest

    I was referring to the poster directly above me Richard, not you. I see you
    as someone asking totally relevant questions, getting crapped on by note
    being an expert by certain trolls.
    I don't know the rules or protocol of newsgroups, I just love the info that
    you can find after you wade through the trash, so I probably posted wrong.
    The obsidian guy is an ass and I was trying to point it out.

    Nottoman, Jan 6, 2005