    One of my first programs (on an Apple IIe I think) generated numbers
    i guess no one would have cared had you'd won the pool!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007

  2. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    kpg Guest

    Yeah, this is when I first realized the power of the force. I alone
    controled what numbers popped out. I could know in advance the sweet
    numbers (7,0) (7,4), (4,1). Ever since then I've wanted to be one
    of theose ATM programmers. (We'll, ever since they invented ATM's)

    You see, I could collect all the fractional pennies and put them in my
    own account. No one would even miss them, cause they just get rounded
    out anyway. I'm gonna be rich!

    0x22

    kpg, Mar 26, 2007

  3. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Kline Sphere Guest

    You see, I could collect all the fractional pennies and put them in my
    there was that dude once who did that, i think he got five years.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 26, 2007
  4. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Lnkwizard2 Guest

    Speaking of which. If all goes well, I'll be working for the
    local Diebold office by the end of April. My main tasks
    will be alarm and surveillance system installations in
    local banks, but I will also be helping with the installation
    of ATMs when needed. Funny thing is they need an
    experienced computer and network tech to work
    on this stuff now.

    Lnkwizard2, Mar 26, 2007
  5. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    kpg Guest

    You may become popular with a nefarious crowd out there, Just
    remember - even if no one else goes to jail the inside man will.
    And not one of those white-collar resort prisons. No, no, no.
    You're be going to to federal POUND YOU IN THE A$$ prison!

    kpg, Mar 26, 2007
  6. Opportunity falls on those who create it... And well if you get caught,
    you could always hide the stapler and move someone desk until they get
    upset enough to burn down the establishment. :)

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 26, 2007
  7. Michael D. Alligood, Mar 26, 2007
  8. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    catwalker63 Guest

    Kline Sphere piffled away vaguely:
    Kreally? Knot kme. <keg>
    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    catwalker63, Mar 26, 2007
  9. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    catwalker63 Guest

    kpg piffled away vaguely:
    We had a TI-994a. It had cartridges for programs and we hooked up a
    cassette deck for storage. We also had a NEC Spinwriter. When we
    upgraded to an IMB (with the wicked cool amber monitor), I remember
    being seriously startled at how fast the Spinwriter was all of a sudden.

    catwalker63, Mar 27, 2007
  10. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Jtyc Guest

    We had a TI-994a. It had cartridges for programs and we hooked up a
    I had an Atari 2600.

    I flipped asteriods.

    Jtyc, Mar 27, 2007
  11. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Frisbee® Guest

    OH
    MY
    GAWD

    Did you used to write text adventures, and still do?
    Are you a suicidal maniac that used to poast in rec.sport.football.college?

    If yes, you are Paul Panks, and I claim my two-fifty.

    Frisbee®, Mar 27, 2007
  12. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Frisbee® Guest

    Ah, this must be that sarcasm thing. I mean you had a TRS-80 and all.

    You really are 58 years old, right?

    Frisbee®, Mar 27, 2007
  13. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Frisbee® Guest

    I discovered an Easter Egg in Adventure.

    I also went psychotic while playing missile command for about eight hours
    straight. I really don't remember it, but that's what I'm told.

    Frisbee®, Mar 27, 2007
  14. Ah, this must be that sarcasm thing.

    Needs work huh? I was more of a Pitfall type of guy anyway. Atari r0cks.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 27, 2007
  15. Wow, I forgot about text adventures! ROTFLMAO... Isn't there an
    amendment that's protects me here?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 27, 2007
  16. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    kpg Guest

    Your sekret is safe with us. The only reason any of us knows about
    text adventures is that, um, well, nevermind. A huge green fierce
    snake bars the way! You pull the lever. The door opens, and you are
    shocked to see a glittering treasure chest.

    kpg, Mar 27, 2007
  17. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    kpg Guest

    lol

    I worte a missle command like game in vb6. Got it right here.

    I posted it at psc under "Dooms Day" back in 02, its still there.

    Hey, I got 4 out of 4 excellent ratings!

    From a programming standpoint it's pretty cool, using linked lists
    (I don't remember if they are single or double linked) to keep
    track of the missles and bombs.

    The version I have now (not on psc) has smart bombs and bombs with
    multiple warheads.

    Damn, I'm a geek.

    0x22

    kpg, Mar 27, 2007
  18. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    Kline Sphere Guest

    From a programming standpoint it's pretty cool, using linked lists
    how many megatons?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 27, 2007
  19. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    kpg Guest

    Enought to wipe out one graphical city.

    kpg, Mar 27, 2007
  20. Mohsen Amiri Besheli

    JaR Guest

    See how handy it is when you bottom post? You don't have to copy/paste
    the relevant portion so readers know what the F you are responding to!

    --
    JaR
    Remove hat to reply

    JaR, Mar 27, 2007