Why WindowsXP does not accept the correct NIC driver?

Discussion in 'Broadband Hardware' started by Sharon, Apr 18, 2007.

  1. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    I have a serious problem with my PC.
    I had to format my disk and reinstall Windows XP (with SP2), but I can not
    get to in web because Windows thinks that my network card is of Asound, but
    its of Realtek.

    I tried doing update driver using the Realtek RTL8139/810X Family PCI Fast
    Ethernet Card driver on the device manager.
    I tried uninstalling the driver, and then letting Windows find it again.
    I tried downloading new driver from the Internet (using another PC).

    But came out Asound. Windows simply does not let me change the driver.

    I logged in with Administrator account.

    I talked with the my ISP service provider, and they also found that the
    trouble is with my NIC.

    How can I force Windows use the driver that has on a disk, and not the
    built-in Asound?

    Sharon, Apr 18, 2007

  2. Sharon

    Sharon Guest

    Ok, it's working now.

    After boot to safe mode and removing the driver, and the restarting again
    and manually updating the driver to my specific INF file which I have with
    the NIC itself. And it's working.

    Thank you for you kind help
    Sharon (-:

    Sharon, Apr 19, 2007