    work properly unless the user is running with administrator privileges.

    I see this with some proprietary software on Linux, too. Thankfully, there’s
    not a lot of need for that.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 31, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    victor Guest

    victor, Mar 31, 2010

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Your Name Guest

    100% of the vulnerabilities can be mitigated by ditching Windoze and using a
    Mac. :)

    Your Name, Mar 31, 2010
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    victor Guest

    victor, Mar 31, 2010
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Your Name Guest

    Your Name, Mar 31, 2010
  6. :) you type that like it's a Bad Thing. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 1, 2010
  7. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Your Name Guest

    Yes, 100% ... unless you personally are stupid enough to download and
    install the nasty. The only nasty to appear on the Mac so far is one that
    was included with and installed by a pirate version of iWork, in which
    case you got what you deserve for downloading it.

    Your Name, Apr 1, 2010
  8. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Your Name Guest

    Your Name, Apr 1, 2010
  9. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    victor Guest

    victor, Apr 1, 2010
  10. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Your Name Guest

    http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9078399/Update_Apple_patches_Safari_s
    _10_000_bug_fixes_other_flaws

    I never said Mac OS X did not have bugs / flaws / etc.(it's made by man, so
    of course there are flaws). I said there were no viruses for Macs, which is
    completely true because nobody has or can exploit those "flaws".

    Your Name, Apr 1, 2010
  11. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    victor Guest

    You called it a virus story, no one else did.
    Now what you are saying is that it has vulnerabilities.
    That is all.
    No big deal, these are complex systems.
    Obviously you will be safe from Windows vulnerabilities.
    You only have Mac vulnerabilities.
    Well that is until you add Bootcamp and Parallels for some essential
    little pieces of niche software that only run on Windows

    victor, Apr 2, 2010
  12. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Your Name Guest

    I'm saying there are NO real viruses, malware, etc. for the Mac. The only
    way you would ever come across such a thing is by purposely downloading and
    installing it yourself.

    There's nothing that access those supposed vulnerabilites, so as I said,
    you're 100% safe.

    Even if you use Boot Camp / Parallels / VMWare / etc., you'll only have the
    problems within the Windows environment - they can not affect the Mac side
    at all (the one exception may be if you're stupid enough to alow Windoze
    fulll access to the Mac's hard drive and a Windoze nasty dcides to complete
    delete everything).

    Your Name, Apr 2, 2010