    Ed Guest

    Didn't go to the link, however how come Canon can still produce such lenses
    ( I am being serious BTW, not looking for a Canon V Nikon war)?

    Ed, Mar 17, 2007

  2. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Ah, now read your post properly and read your last line. Sorry, not
    interested in Canon V Nikon wars.

    Ed, Mar 17, 2007

  3. It's called Eco-Glass and is why Nikon will no longer produce lenses with
    such legendary optical quality as the 58/1.2 Noct and 28/1.4. It seems lead
    and arsenic is needed to process this spectacular glass. Looks like us
    Nikon shooters are going to be stuck in DX hell. At least the playing feel
    is level now since Nikon downgraded their glass to Canon's standards.

    <http://www.nikon.co.jp/main/eng/portfolio/environment/products/products02/index.htm>

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Mar 17, 2007
  4. Ed

    Phil Guest

    I've yet to see the photograph where I could guess which camera or
    lens was used to make it. Maybe that's an advantage . . . I can
    concentrate on the content of the image.

    Phil, Mar 18, 2007